Need opinions on nearly finished mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you've nailed this one! Sounds killer. The only nit I have is the vocal--the yelling and the group singing sound fine, I'm talking about the softer parts, as in the first vocal line. It's a little low in the mix, and sounds a bit muffled.

But man, other than that, I'm loving this. Great separation on the guitars, love the synth and key flourishes--and everything has it's place without getting trampled.

Great job!

(Just got to the end--nice fade out.)

Sounds like you've nailed this one! Sounds killer. The only nit I have is the vocal--the yelling and the group singing sound fine, I'm talking about the softer parts, as in the first vocal line. It's a little low in the mix, and sounds a bit muffled.

But man, other than that, I'm loving this. Great separation on the guitars, love the synth and key flourishes--and everything has it's place without getting trampled.

Great job!

(Just got to the end--nice fade out.)

Wow! That was lightning fast!

So the verse vox is too low - I'll try bringing it up a bit. It was louder, but it seemed too loud.

Anybody else wanna weigh in on that?

Thanks WhiteStrat!

No problem. The vocal's not just low (or maybe it is) but to my ear, it lacks some edge that should be there--maybe it needs a bump in the upper mids. It's also very dry--I know you want dry for this sound, but could it be too dry? I dunno...just thinking out loud.

No problem. The vocal's not just low (or maybe it is) but to my ear, it lacks some edge that should be there--maybe it needs a bump in the upper mids. It's also very dry--I know you want dry for this sound, but could it be too dry? I dunno...just thinking out loud.

Hmmmm. The vocals in that part are actually pretty wet. They are nearly 1:1 with the Eventide, and have two other reverbs at a fair volume. There was a delay on there originally, but I took it off, as I felt it was over-done. maybe I'll try putting some of it back. the singer kept asking for more and more, but when the band listened, they said it was overdone a bit - agaon, I thought it was way overdone.....

Thanks again! :D

Wow my ears must be failing me. I think I hear the 'verb though--the frequencies of the verb might be running right along with the guitars--I dunno. Maybe it's just a level and/or eq thing.

Hey all I know is each time I get to go back and listen again. So I don't mind! :D

no hes right, as the first verse came in im like wtf?..it doesnt sound like a volume issue though,more like muffled-effectulized..hey new word!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back