Need an opinion here

ZPphreak

I just recorded this Vocal track over a kareoke track I found of the Edwin McCain song "I'll Be" . I did this to show a prospective client what her vocal might sound like overdubbed onto some kareoke tracks she wants to work on for a demo of her own.

The point is.. I'm trying to figure out what people might think my voice sounds like... I've been trying to figure out what "My" voice actually sounds like... Do I sound "like" anyone youv'e heard before...? I've sung so many different types of music that I'm not quite sure what "I" actually sound like... I have a cold By the way.

You dont have a bad voice at all,but there are some pitch issues especially during the first verse and some other spots throughout the tune.....nice harmony vocals.

rather that adding lyrical changes on the on beat, listen to the way edwin himself did it just to get a different idea of vocal switches.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Kramer- thanks for the comment on my voice. I'm well aware of the pitch issues.. it is kind of a bad time to record having a cold and all.. I wish I could take credit for the backups.. they were on the Kareoke track when I got it so that didn't leave me room to fill out the background.

packratlouie- Indeed Edwin did an excelent job with his lyric rhythm. This was a quick voice-over. I'll do other genres later on.. The vox are actually about 5 different takes cross mixed to get the best parts of the song to have the best take.

I wish I knew how to use auto tune.. but maybe one day I will ... and I'll despise it still. :p

What I am really trying to find out is if I actually have a similar voice to any other artists any of you board members have ever heard. I'm looking for new material to cover to work on my tracking skills and of course the mixing. :D
I am primarilly an engineer and I have the unfortunate disability of non-pianoplayerism so it's difficult for me in a sense to write songs... if I had drums to learn on I might actually have rhythm..... so I'm just gonna start with what I think I *might* have.. a voice.

thanks again for your comments.. also comments on mixing the dub in would be appreciated.. since that's what I'm doin this test for anyway...

Back