need a lil feedback

fenix

I need some feedback on this tune. I think the vocals need brought up, and the solo needs faded out but any other thoughts? I think the vocals are a bit lacking and I'm not sure what to do.

Hi Fenix,

Not a heavy rock fan, but I liked this...
The process/un-process vocal works for me to keep things diverse against the Wall of Guitars.

Bring up the vocals for starters, and try to boost the low mids on the voices to add some heft to the vox.

Your guitar work to me is good; it is very loud and banging, as required, but doesn't disintegrate into pointless soloing or pure noise. The song hangs together well in that regard.

Technical issues: The opening guitar chord sounds like it's been edited, but that may be the mp3 cutting it off at the very beginning.

Within the first minute or so, I heard a bit of timing issues with the snare.

Because it is not my style of music, I don't feel qualified to comment further, except to say that I did enjoy the tune. So there are always exceptions...:-)

And thank you for the full stop at the end, no lingering guitar chord while the drummer tries every piece of kit he's got....

Best,

CC

Very nice! I think the song itself is good and the recording does it justice. So far I have only listened to it on my laptop speakers so if it sounds good like that then it must be good. :D The drums sound great as well as the guitars. Some of the vocal parts are a little pitchy to my ears.

I will give it a listen on a bigger system or headphones later and give further comments if I hear any thing else.

i'm listening on computer speakers, but the vocals do sound a little distant. i dunno just adding volume might fix it, but adding some lows might help too.

I think the mix is very good, great sound overall!

Can you tell us a bit about the drum and guitar recording? Actually a bit more stereo-ness with the rhythm guitars would have been nice.. Ahh, sounds good!

Sounds awesome. I'm not sure if the vocals need to be brought up, or just a bit less reverb. No, the more I listen, they need to be brought up.

This song has an old school Metallica feel to it. I love the drums. They're live drums, right? If not, I WANT THOSE SAMPLES. That is the best half open hat I've ever heard. Probably for not though, they have to be live drums.

Man, nice job.

Back