Need help with the title of this......and the mix. :)

R

RAMI

Hey guys,

I don't know what to call this tune. I have a few ideas, but maybe someone will come up with a title that I really like. I'll post the lyrics down below.

Any help on the mix is always golden around here, too. :cool:

I have a few ideas, but I don't want to call it "That Ah-A moment", so we're ruling that one out right away. I was thinking either, "Ah-A!", "That Moment", "Having That Moment", or forgetting about the chorus and calling it "I Said To Me", since I say that about 1,000 times in the verses. Help! :)

Thanx!

That Moment

That Moment (Words and music by RAMI)

I said to me the truth is always true
I said to me you can't un-say a lie
I said to me it ain't heavy if you put it down
I said to me life's everything and nothing
I said to me instincts never lie
I said to me and I believe me
Whatever you think you're looking for is the last thing you'll find
Life's a circle not a line

Chorus:
Having that moment “Ah-a”

I said to me tomorrow never arrives
I said to me you got to deal with what you got
I said to me the more I learn the less I know
I said to me life's just a crazy ride
I said to me the more you give, the more you got
I said to me and I believe me
Whatever you think you're looking for is the last thing you'll find

Chorus:
Got to wake up and breathe in a breath of life say “Ah-a”

Whatever you think you're waiting for will be the last to arrive

Chorus:
Got to wake up and breathe in a breath of life say “Ah-a”

Last edited:
Hey Rami, I gave this a quick listen because I wanted to hear it, but I didn't really focus in on it. I was being distracted by people walking around my room and stuff while it played. But I will say that nothing jumped out to me as problematic on my end. My wife said it sounded great. I'll give it a more serious listen later.

Sounds pretty damn good to me. Guitars rock, and I like how you're digging into the vocals a bit in this one. A little chutzpah in the lead vocals, and I like it. Drums sound great too. I can't pick anything out to suggest on the mix, it's balanced on my system.

Sounds great to me too. Love that riff on the guitar and the tone is sweet. The bass sound's particularly nice to me. All sounds really good.

Personally I'd call it: Light Bulb Moment.

:thumbs up:

Got To Wake Up
That Moment
Said To Me
A Circle Not A Line
In that order.
Ah-a is too close to Ah ha for my liking - they were poxy.
You've really sussed out the elctricity geetar man.
2nd listen - even better.

Sounds pretty damn good to me. Guitars rock, and I like how you're digging into the vocals a bit in this one. A little chutzpah in the lead vocals, and I like it. Drums sound great too. I can't pick anything out to suggest on the mix, it's balanced on my system.
Thanx Tad. Great man, I'm glad it works, especially the vocals. :)

Sounds great to me too. Love that riff on the guitar and the tone is sweet. The bass sound's particularly nice to me. All sounds really good.

Personally I'd call it: Light Bulb Moment.

:thumbs up:
Hehe....Thanx a lot Clean. :cool:

Circle for the song name.

Nice job on the song...it sounded great.
Thanx a lot, Wish. "Circle", from the pre-chorus! Never thought of that. That's a left curve for sure. :)

Got To Wake Up
That Moment
Said To Me
A Circle Not A Line
In that order.
Ah-a is too close to Ah ha for my liking - they were poxy.
You've really sussed out the elctricity geetar man.
2nd listen - even better.
Great! Thanx Ray. Keep listening!!!! :D

Thanx for the title ideas, guys. I think I'll go with "Having that Moment", or just "That Moment". Much appreciated. :cool:

Yeah +1 for "That Moment" - cleaner and snappier than "Having That Moment" and it struck me earlier that "A-Ha" would have unfortunate connotations with that crappy pop band of the same name.

Sounds really good. I like the interplay between the two panned guitar lines and how the bass interacts with them too. It gives the song good texture and groove. Good vocals/harmonies on the A-ha too. The only thing that struck me was that the bass could come down the tiniest of touches - the tone etc is good, but I feel it's a hair too loud in the mix.

You're pumping them out at the moment Rami :)

Sounded good on my end.

On the title, I really couldn't add anything, probably just "Ah!"

I love it man. It's got that funky early, but not too early, chilis feel, if you like that.

"Having that moment" or some variation makes sense, but what about playing on the duality and calling it
"Listen to yourself" or "What do I know" or something?

Just a thought. I don't write lyrics, let alone titles. :p

Yeah +1 for "That Moment" - cleaner and snappier than "Having That Moment" and it struck me earlier that "A-Ha" would have unfortunate connotations with that crappy pop band of the same name.

Sounds really good. I like the interplay between the two panned guitar lines and how the bass interacts with them too. It gives the song good texture and groove. Good vocals/harmonies on the A-ha too. The only thing that struck me was that the bass could come down the tiniest of touches - the tone etc is good, but I feel it's a hair too loud in the mix.

You're pumping them out at the moment Rami :)

Sounded good on my end.

On the title, I really couldn't add anything, probably just "Ah!"

I love it man. It's got that funky early, but not too early, chilis feel, if you like that.

"Having that moment" or some variation makes sense, but what about playing on the duality and calling it
"Listen to yourself" or "What do I know" or something?

Just a thought. I don't write lyrics, let alone titles. :p
Thanx a million, guys! (or even a brazillion) :D

I ended up going with "That Moment". If I was going to go into left field with it, I would have gone with "I Believe Me", since that's how the verses resolve. But I don't put THAT much importance on titles, so I think I'll keep it simple with "That Moment".

Thanx for the help and the comments. :cool:

Sounds really good. Like the guitar and vocal especially. Drums sound great too.

The low end seems a little too strong to me. Not by much, but a bit. I'd turn down the bass and kick a db or two.

Bass sounds a bit sterile. Personal preference thing, but it sounds a bit scooped in the low midrange.

Is the lead guitar tuned flat by a fraction? Sounded a bit off. Starting around 2:18.

Ok I'm back for a focused listen. I think the bass can come down or the rhythm guitars can come up. The bass isn't masking the kick though, so I'd say pump the rhythm guitars up bigger. Vocals and drums sound real good to me. Nice work. I have no title suggestions for you. "Having That Moment" seems like the obvious choice, so it work work for me.

Sounds really good. Like the guitar and vocal especially. Drums sound great too.

The low end seems a little too strong to me. Not by much, but a bit. I'd turn down the bass and kick a db or two.

Bass sounds a bit sterile. Personal preference thing, but it sounds a bit scooped in the low midrange.

Is the lead guitar tuned flat by a fraction? Sounded a bit off. Starting around 2:18.
Thanx, man. I changed the bass sound after reading your post. I liked the fatness of the sound I had, but it did lack a bit of definition, especially for the kind of line it's playing. I think I have a more suitable sound now. Thanx for that.

I don't hear the guitar out of tune, but if it is, I meant to do that. It was my tribute to "Time". :D But seriously, if others notice and mention the solo being out of tune, I'll re-do it. It's about 12 seconds long, no problem re-doing it. Thanx for the help Trip. :cool:

Ok I'm back for a focused listen. I think the bass can come down or the rhythm guitars can come up. The bass isn't masking the kick though, so I'd say pump the rhythm guitars up bigger. Vocals and drums sound real good to me. Nice work. I have no title suggestions for you. "Having That Moment" seems like the obvious choice, so it work work for me.
OK, I had a feeling but didn't know if it was my imagination, because I changed the bass sound. This new sound registers lower in the meters volume-wise, but sounds louder because it cuts through more. I'll probably do a touch of both; Slightly turn up the guitars, and slightly turn down the bass.

Thanx guys.

P.S. Forgot to mention....I miced the bottom of my snare for the first time ever. It's barely in the mix, but I just wanted to try it. It's there just enough so that if I muted it, you'd hear a slight change. The one advantage to having the bottom miced, that I never thought of until I was mixing this song, is that I was able to get the brightness from my snare without having to boost the (top) snare mic between 4k and 5k. The good thing about that is that I didn't get those harsh frequencies of the hi-hat leaking into the top snare mic. I was able to leave the high end flat on the top mic, and just use the bottom mic for the high end of the snare.

Awesome. I didn't even pick up on it. Still sounds like Rami snare. :)

:) Yeah. I erred on the side of not too loud because I didn't know at what point it doesn't sound natural. Like I said, the main advantage is that it allowed me to not have to crank up the 4-5k on the top snare mic just to get some wire sound. :cool:

"Having That Moment" is definitely a contender..... however, "Life's a circle, not a line" is an awesome line. So maybe "Life's A Circle" is in the running.

The song sounds great. Lots of Rami-riffs going on there.

I'd like to hear a little more out of the OH's, but I always say that. :D

Back