In need of fresh ears...

Deanguy

I'm new to homerecording.com and I'm quite impressed with all of the forums so far. I've got some of my own music posted on mp3.com which was done in the old basement/bedroom.

I'm looking for some fresh ears to hear the stuff and comment on the mixes.

I "mastered" it with a rented Finalizer which had an auto "Wizard" function. You play the entire song through and by the end of the tune it has "intelligently" given it polish and punch. Pricey machine, though.
http://www.mp3.com/deanwolfe
happy listening!

I listened to the first two, and yeah, the recordings sounded very good to me. I'm streaming the lo fi on small speakers, but the recording still sounded great. I liked the song "Reality" a lot, it's amazing how much influence the Beatles still have on people, myself included. I thought it was a little long for the kind of song it was, but I'm really being picky here, can't really find anything else to critique I guess. Great job.....Ray J

Downloaded "Janine" and "Unidentified Flying Objects" earlier today...mix great on both...yeah that Beatles influence is there, and I like it....I REALLY liked UFO a lot.... vocals, mix, playing, composition.....at :15 the semi jazz chords really got me hooked and then the song just took off on the changes.....the intro before :15 could be left out for me, but that's an artistic decision that can only be made by you and it's just my opinion....I felt that the rest of the song was so good, that the intro was just sorta unnecessarily "cutesy"....good stuff...gibs

Checked out UFO & Reality. Not much to say.. except Great!

Certainly lots of Beatles influence. On UFO I hear some David Bowie in there. But anyway, no point in drawing comparisons between who and who.

Can't think of anything else to say. Nice job.

If you play in Ottawa anytime soon let me know.

Good tune - kept my attention. My only complaint was that I thought that the rhythm guitar was too loud in spots; it seemed to overpower the vocals in the middle of the song.

Good stuff!

mutt

ooops, sorry. The tune I'm talking about is UFO.

Nice. listened to UFO and Reality. Very Finn brothers/Crouded House. Biased because i love that clean guitar/vocal harmony thing.

I followed this link from another forum not too long ago. Janine and UFO were definitely the ones that caught my ear. The kick and snare in UFO sounded a bit "watered down" to me. Both sounded better in Janine (especially the kick). But those are the only little things. Thumbs up on the playing, arrangement, and general mix.

Back