Thread: In need of feedback please

Thanks

In need of feedback please

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey guys! I think it has been 3-4 months since I wrote a song. I wrote a verse, refrain and chorus this morning and decided to record it and post it here to hear some of your thoughts/feedback about the song, vocals, guitar and the overall mix. I used a greg bennett semi-hollow into a guitar rig

Thanks
    Sounds good dude. The reverb is hitting in the upper bass/lower mid range on the vocals and something about it doesn't seem quite right. Not sure if the tail ends too abruptly or if you should be applying the filters differently.
    “There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.” - Socrates

Thanks
    Not bad, I think the vocals will be much better once you get a good feel for the song. I didn't notice the reverb issue. I also assume you will fill this out as it builds? It is a good start.
    DM60 Tunes: The Collection

Thanks
    I like the overall dark sound of this. Could be really interesting when done. I can imagine it starting as is and then drums coming in....that would be cool.
    MacBook Pro~Logic X~SM58~Scarlett Focusrite 8i6~Amazon's cheapest midi keyboard
    https://antifersrevenge.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    It's a good start. The vocals are pitchy--and to some extent that adds to the effect--but maybe a bit too much. It sounds like you have an A part and a B part, but need a chorus. Not crazy about that guitar sound. It's interesting at first but wears fast. There's something about the attack of the notes that sounds like you're clipping the input. Maybe it's an effect, I don't know. It also sounds like an amp sim. No need to worry too much about the vocal recording until you've got the song finished, but when you do get around to tracking the for-real take, consider your environment. I'm hearing your room in the vocal, which the reverb seems to bring out more.

Thanks
    pretty good song,nice expressive voice ... looking forward to hearing the finished track

edit:- listened to your soundcloud ... you got talent
    Last edited by cakewalkKaKed; 02-27-2016 at 23:29.

Thanks
    really like your voice, this has good potential , I think it would be fun to lay drum tracks to, it could easily morph into a power ballad. I would like to hear the finished tune.

Thanks
    If you're using a condensor make sure the switch is cardioid not omni. Omni pulls in the room way more. Guitar does sound direct/simmy because it is fairly "close" throughout - since I don't work with sims not sure what to recommend. Maybe add something or change something so it has a more roomy sound (natural reverb from a couple feet back).
    So far the writing and playing are good. Basic idea is down so all you need to do is build on it. All sorts of things you can do and ways to go from here, but the power pop sounds like a good direction.

Thread Information