Need feedback on my mix

y-kause

OK the finished product is up n needs an engineering ear to lend me a hand

http://www.mocospace.com/y-kause GHOST RIDER this is a sMPLE TRACK for people to give feedback on adjustments in my mixing.

OR TELL ME HOW TO MAKE THE VOCALS SIT BETTER ON THE TRACK

the punch in's are panned 50db left n right

the vocals are even

Put a De-Esser to kill those "sssss", this is just the mix right? no mastering, it feels like that because of the low overall volume. I have never mixed a hiphop song, so, i don't really know which instrument is the one with the conflict, but it's all a frequencies problem.

Cheers

YES it is just a mix

as far as vox??? i don;t know what that is

as far as make the vocals louder i boosted the eq frequency and then amplitude. as far as after that i don;t know how to boost vocals.
can i use amplitude more than 1nce a song???

I think its your mic probably. Are you just using a cheap mic into yuor pc's sound card? Thats sorta what it sounds like.

The backing track sounds pretty good, but your vocal quality is really poor.
It sounds over-compressed and low-fi. Is that just your mic and signal chain as suggested before, or have you added some effects to do that?

Yea. espically for hip hop. you wanna have a deeper tone to your vox. Deeper and far more crisp and clean then what it is now.

i don't know what it would be? Compression or whatever? Just something is off. It could be your pre-amp? Maybe something just isn't pre-amped enough...

My horrible suggestion? Record a couple lines of your vox dry agian. and start adding some of the effects you used in the other vox track, till you match what is causing that box like flatness then goto your song and get rid of or correct that effect on your good vox track.

Or retrack the whole thing again?

Thats just me though.

thx 4 the suggestions fella's i am new to mixing my own musik i see y i used to go to the studio again!

im working on new fx in the chain to go with the mix n it sounds better already.

Not an expert or anything (generic disclaimer), but I thought your delivery was really solid and this could sound great if you just got the vocals to sound bigger and fuller. Performance-wise I think it is really good, but your voice sounds too small and not rich enough...it needs to open up more and breath and have some depth...uh, not sure how you do that exactly, but that's what I'm hearing. Good job though on the tune. :)

Back