need critique on this mix. first time tune for lp

Hmm, interesting...

The guitars seem to kick in extremely abruptly and the electric guitar in center channel isn't being played in the right key during a couple parts. Your guitar intonation is out, as well as your timing.

Before you start laying down any tracks, I'd recommend you take care of the intonation on your guitars, as well as the timing and arrangement of your song. If those were handled, you could lay down some decent tracks for sure. Good luck.

lol

some of the verse end notes are dissonant indeed. its loose but the timing isnt really wrong. what about the structure thats my main concern im gonne record these in a small rig at a friends house i just got all the equipment arriving soon. i recorded all these tracks through one 20 quid mic and whacked everything down first take just so i could check the structure for suggestions.

cheers for the comments!

Well I'm not really one to say much about the actual structure of the song... your best bet when uncertain would be

verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus chorus

At the bare minimum, I mean BARE minimum, this would work without me even having to listen to your song. But to each his own.

Find a song that you really like, and figure out its structure, then model yours around that. That might be a good place to start.

Back