Need advice on a few mixes

Tditty

Hey ya'll. I have 3 electronica tunes I need some advice on the mixes on. These are some of my first tracks i've produced. I don't know much about the mixing process. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. You can download the songs at www.soulomusic.com/tim - click on music. There's also 3 pop tunes on there which i'm pretty comfortable with the mixes. It's the electonic stuff I'm unsure of. Thanks!
T

I couldn't tell which songs were the electronic ones, so I took a chance on Planet Gunn. Sounded electronic to me :D.

I thought the recording was done well. I thought the bass and kick could be brought up in the mix. They were getting covered up by the "main" synth part. The higher synth part (the one that comes in at about :27) is pretty low in the mix as well and I thought it could be brought up.

pgunn

The first synth melody that was up really high is used more as an effect and wasn't really suppose to stand out much. I'll try bringing the kick and bass up but i'm worried they'll drown out the rhodes and synth pads. We'll see!
Thanks!
Tim

Back