Neanderthalic hard rock

Hi

I´m not so "in tune" with the style,but let me try...:)

Even being a "loud" song ,seems to me you can improve the bass frequencies cutting around 120 hz(which is causing a little "boom")and giving some gain at 80 hz, to keep the loudness,but on another perspective.And add frequencies around 3,5k (large "q", taking since 1k to 7 or 8 k) for a better definition of mids and higs.

Ciro
www.soundclick.com/openstation

All in all I like the song and for the most part the mix is good. The guitar break might could be a little louder (it's a good part, bring it out more.) There are a few places where the cymbals sound a little squishy (for lack of a better term) which may be a phasing issue. Otherwise it's pretty good IMHO.

Thanks for the listen... there might be a few places where I have multiple cymbals on top of each other which might lead to the phasing issues - I can check.

I so lolled at the title.

It's an alright song, I kinda liked the vocals. IMO tough, the bass should be less prominent - reminded me too much of early Deep Purple recordings (unless that's your thing).

The clear ending in particulary sounded very good. Just do something about mid-frequences to make them more defined in the mix.

Lotsa mud and frequency clashing in this one. Nothing has any real space or definition and it sounds like a mash of sound. I can't make out any of the lyrics. Go back to the drawing board. Sorry. :o

Well , if you post you have to take the good with the bad I guess...:o

When you say back to the drawing board are you recommending remixing and cutting some mid-freqs as others have, or retracking?

Well , if you post you have to take the good with the bad I guess...:o

When you say back to the drawing board are you recommending remixing and cutting some mid-freqs as others have, or retracking?

Just re-mix paying attention to frequency ranges and panning. Get rid of any reverbs or delays or any extra processing and just focus on the sound and space. If you can't get it good, then you may have to re-track some things.

Back