Nashville Saves Christmas - Glam rock christmas song ft. VHS

VHS
THis'd be the Beta version?
The bass is completely buried by the intro guitar.
It's almost lost in the rest as well - there's a hint of it in spots so needs a little more definition as well as volume.
Needs hand claps & foot stomps to be more glam.
Cool song.

Yeah, this doesn't seem very glam, but that's neither here nor there. The guitar solo is pretty hair-lariously over-the-top though.

The mix....I'm hearing some issues that I think need some work. For one, the guitar tones are pretty good, but they're eating up a lot of space. The low end chunk of the mutes sounds nice but it's totally masking the bass and kick. Roll off some of the guitar lows or fix the bass and kick to stand out more. The bass is sort of rumbling underneath everything like all of it's midrange is missing. Little bits of bass pop out here and there, but mostly it's undefined and just low end. The drums are too small. Did you use any close mics on the kit? If so, bring em up. Bigger kick, bigger snare, bigger toms. The drums sound like they're relying too much on the overheads. The vocal delivery is okay, but the timing is off in a bunch of spots. Fun song though. Again, I'm loving that ridiculous guitar solo. :D

Good song Steve - reminds me quite a bit of early Flaming Lips. Mix still needs some work to my ears though.

The low end is MIA apart from some flubby boom that sticks out on the same note every time (I think it's the chugging C note). There's no body to the bass elsewhere either.

I don't usually like much in the way of Christmas songs, but I do really like this. The bass is killing it at the moment though - missing where it should be and sticking out where it shouldn't. Hope this helps

The big ass solo, is kind of low in the mix too - something that over the top should be slapping me round the chops, but it's like it's in the room next door.

Thanks for the feedback Rob and Jon.

We've got a newer mix or two, but I'm not sure if we're refining it any more at this point or trying to get it to radio stations or what. (Horray! Other people's projects!)

Cool tune - mix is ok for me except the bass does seem a little buried but pops out once in a while. The lead vocal timing in the first verse seems a little off adding a sense of hesitation. Cool vibe for a Christmas song.

Some minor timing issues with the vocals. Dig the bg vox! Bass is still rather lost. More toms please! Guitar solo rocks. You might need to roll off some bottom end of the rhythm guitar in order to allow the bass to be brought up without creating low mid mud.

Thanks, Ido and Pride.

Our guitarist is finishing up what should be the final mix soon. I'll post that when it's available.

Back