Thread: Naked City

I hit a live electric bass repeatedly with a maraca, so I needed to mic the maraca and the bass amp at the same time.
    Thanks

Smile Naked City

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi,
    just put this up tonite.....please, do give me your thoughts.
    I'm happy with the way the backing vox turned out.
    All recorded/mixed in my bedroom.
    Thankyou,
    Spit.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=6354372
    G.F.C.G. membership #:000038.
    "I love sitting at a big console with blinking lights and knobs and feel like Mr.Sulu on the bridge of the Enterprise"
    my shit!
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=742373
    www.myspace.com/obzcure

Thanks
    Ah, pretty good man...I remeber this one. You captured a pretty authentic sound with this. Good use of the verb. Nice bass tone...and good guitar sound. I think you did a pretty good job all around...and the mix is good.

Nice one man....
    Honey Badger is badass...he don't give a shit.

Thanks
    Wow, another obscure KISS cover. Sounds really accurate. All the parts are there. Good job on the performances.

Only nit I have is that the guitars are kinda "harsh" compared to the original. This is like a modern metal tone. Kiss used a "warmer" classic rock kind of sound. Still, it's very good. Not one of my favorite KISS songs, but yall did a great job.

Do "Torpedo Girl" next.

Thanks
    Never heard the original, but I liked this recording. The vocals are excellent - you have a great range and tone. The reverb on the vocals is interesting - care to share? The mix is good in that everything has a nice spot in the mix. Bass guitar is very nice... Really nice job overall!

I hit a live electric bass repeatedly with a maraca, so I needed to mic the maraca and the bass amp at the same time.
    Thanks
    hey, thankyou guys......
    Thanx Greg, I will see what I can do with T/Girl, that's twice you've asked me for that, so I should start looking at that shortly! (I guess!).
    Thanx Dogman!..really appreciate your comments, always.
    Thanx I57!!.......yes, I was waiting for someone to ask about the vox verb!...it is a bit kookey, and I'm surprised it still comes out in an MP3 conversion!

I used a totally dry vox track, just used a Behringer MDX4600 comp / limiter rack, post production, to tame vox a little.
    Used a Behringer Ultramizer 1424P rack to extend the lower and upper end of the track, just ever so slightly.
    Used 2 Behringer Virtualizer Pro 2024P's, one for a really long stereo verb, and one set for a really long echo (about 2seconds on one channel and 800ms on the other...but just set to background only, via the fx sends on the desk)
    I brought everything vocal out of the MX-8000A desk and routed thru the above and then back into the desk to re-print the track.....this gave me some flexibility and room to change my mind, as I don't really use plug-ins, and don't like commiting to anything straight away.
    Oh yes, I used a 57, recorded at a very low level!...(for once!).

I hope I didn't waffle on to much, sorry......I wish I could afford some nicer gear, but the shit seems to work ok, I guess.
    G.F.C.G. membership #:000038.
    "I love sitting at a big console with blinking lights and knobs and feel like Mr.Sulu on the bridge of the Enterprise"
    my shit!
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=742373
    www.myspace.com/obzcure

Thanks
    Fine job man !
    Sounds great, nice cover with just a hint of your own styling in there.

Totally diggin hearing a KISS song that's not one of their big ones.
    Gene Simmons had something with a couple songs on this album, "She's so European" is another one with this sort of smooth sound.

Glad to hear this !

Thanks
    Like what has been said.....excellent rendition of an obscure (but great) Kiss tune. Unmasked has always been a very underrated album of theirs. Can't wait to hear your version of T-Girl. Keep up the good work!

Thread Information