My take on Pink Floyd

RickW

Don't read this
Greg_L inspired me to post this song as his was something out of his realm of music and this is out of mine. I recorded this about 8 years ago on a Tascam 388. All acoustic instruments and vocals were recorded using only one mic - an EV RE20 (God, I miss that mic). I recorded each part as soon as I learned it. The keys were played by a friend and added after. This song isn't gonna be redone or anything, just wanted to share. Thanks for listening. Oh, it's the first one. :o

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=55004

Very good guitar sounds right off the bat...Good voice man...it came across very well, and is way cool for this tune. Now the rest of the tune is rolling...nice sounds man. I think you nailed the reverb on teh voice perfectly...it has a great sound, as the original does. One vocal track?

Cool song man...you did it very well. :cool:

Very cool sir. It's strange to see this as my son and I are in the middle of tracking Fearless.

Thanks guys. Hey Track...I love Fearless. That whole Meddle album was great!

This is how this song was tracked. Programmed drums (Roland R-5), 12 string guitar, bass, 6 string guitar, lead vocals, harmony vocals and later added piano and synth. Glad you all enjoyed! :D

Thanks True...you're very kind. Believe it or not, I just now checked out your songs. (I usually don't pay much attention to peoples sigs) :o

You got the blues, girl! Not at all the type of voice I was picturing you had. Pleasant surprise! :D

You MUST make a Jamfest!!!!!!!!!

Rick Floyd all the way

*lights Bic lighter* .....and waves it back and forth (until it burns fingers - lol)......

:) :D :) :D

Thanks all! It brought back memories for me too...I don't think I've put that much effort into recording myself since then. I gotta get off my ass. :D

RickW said:
Thanks all! It brought back memories for me too...I don't think I've put that much effort into recording myself since then. I gotta get off my ass. :D
Well....get off your ass....dammitt... :D

RickW said:
Thanks True...you're very kind. Believe it or not, I just now checked out your songs. (I usually don't pay much attention to peoples sigs) :o

You got the blues, girl! Not at all the type of voice I was picturing you had. Pleasant surprise! :D

You MUST make a Jamfest!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D Kinda had me pegged as a death thrash metal gal eh...? :eek: :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the kind words Rick. I am working on getting to Jamfest 7. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang ! :D :cool:

true-eurt said:
:D :D :D :D :D Kinda had me pegged as a death thrash metal gal eh...? :eek: :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the kind words Rick. I am working on getting to Jamfest 7. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang ! :D :cool:

True...I guarantee you will have fun. Rick was one of the first I met...I had seen him around, and talked some, but not much. I was a bit overwhelmed for a few minutes. I met several people that I hadn't really talked to alot. A few minutes later, we were all buds. Talking music, cars, beer, food...whatever. It was the best party I have ever been to. And to see these guys play..it was a blast. Songs just sort of happened. Great party. :cool:

Dogman said:
True...I guarantee you will have fun. Rick was one of the first I met...I had seen him around, and talked some, but not much. I was a bit overwhelmed for a few minutes. I met several people that I hadn't really talked to alot. A few minutes later, we were all buds. Talking music, cars, beer, food...whatever. It was the best party I have ever been to. And to see these guys play..it was a blast. Songs just sort of happened. Great party. :cool:
Now I am a twitching to go Dog...but I am backwards and very awkward with more than a few people in the un-cyber world. I might even throw up a few times,and it could be you I throw up on!! :eek: :D

I suppose I could get drunk and loosen up some, but then I may really show my ass and get barred. :eek: :p

true-eurt said:
Now I am a twitching to go Dog...but I am backwards and very awkward with more than a few people in the un-cyber world. I might even throw up a few times,and it could be you I throw up on!! :eek: :D

I suppose I could get drunk and loosen up some, but then I may really show my ass and get barred. :eek: :p
True, don't ruin the lady-like image I have of you. Keep your shorts on!!!! :p :p :p :p

What is this Jamfest thing I keep hearing about???

Just a fantastic job on this classic....guitars/vocals/keys and production are all top notch....I just really enjoyed this...thanks for sharing!!!!!

bigbubba said:
True, don't ruin the lady-like image I have of you. Keep your shorts on!!!! :p :p :p :p

What is this Jamfest thing I keep hearing about???
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :p

Jamfest? Jamfest you say? Jamfest 7? Are you coming Bubba? :)

true-eurt said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :p

Jamfest? Jamfest you say? Jamfest 7? Are you coming Bubba? :)
Well, I just haven't heard of Jamfest 7. I gather it's in real life. Where? What? How? When? What the heck? All that, I haven't gathered. :)

If it costs money to get there, my answer will be influenced. :D

Back