My Revenge on Jamal

man its dead in here...but on the plus side...i can download anything in here in under a minute!..

jamal...amal.........mal............al.................a.............l

Don't you fantasize about using the Voice Modeler on DRUMS? A snare with a smoke & whiskey sound? :D

"Hey, did anybody else notice that Crawdad had like, 100 posts in my "Revenge On Jamal" thread and didn't mention the song? Jamal thinks it's because Crawdad hates the song. I told Jamal he's right... If you can't say something nice, talk about Autotune, lol. (total joke there, btw...Jamal never notices anything)."

You mean I have to listen to the Autotune thingy? Oh, OK. I'll be back. Will this be the longest post in history...?

In regards to Jamal, having now heard this song, I must say that One Mistake is one of the very best songs I've heard here in the clinic.

I thought the mix was good until you got into the bridge with the BG vocals. I was kind of trying to grab on to something to focus on there. Maybe either louder BGV's or another treatment to get 'em to pop.

As for the Autotune (look out, here it comes!:D) all I can say is that you've been given such a gift in the voice department, it seems like a waste of time to cheapen it with that plug-in. It was like halfway between being an effect and leaving me wondering whats wrong with the vocal. In other words -I hated the Autotune, yes!:D I know you like it, so let's just call it a difference of opinion.

The good news is, buried underneath the artifice is a man with an incredible talent that I greatly admire. I did think it needed some vocorder, though, LOL!

Back to Jamal--fucking great song!

lol...I see I shamed you into listening.

Thanks, btw. As for Jamal's songs, buried underneath his "sound" are some truly great songs. I connect with Jamal on a musical level a ton. "Last Hurrah" would have been my favorite to cover, but since I practically recorded that song (lol), it didn't really feel like a cover. Very well written tune. This one's cool too, though...but the way I heard it in my head was TOTALLY different than the way Jamal recorded it. Anyway, I'm babbling, but I really don't think he gets enough credit as a songwriter.

Thanks for listening, and hating the autotuner is fine, lol.

chrisharris said:
lol...its a SHAME you listened

Thanks, btw. As for Jamal's songs, he owes me big time for all I've done to turn him into something respectable. Anyway, I'm babbling, but I really don't think he should get any credit as a songwriter.

Thanks for listening, but knock off the Autotune comments. I consider it an integral part of my music. In fact, I'm buying one for my solo shows and I plan to sing every song with the thing maxed out, lol.

OK, I'm sorry...

Jamal--I never met a man who writes like this and says "God Bless Les Paul" that i didn't like!

Tha was really nice chris. The guitars were stacked great and the vocals reach out and touch. Rythym section was tight as a hat band. Bright tones...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Listening...............

Violins suck, take em out.

Cowbells sucks, take em out.

More violins? They suck, take em out.

You are a talented guy Chris. Do you ever go to work, or do you just record all day and bill clients imaginary fees?:D

The " Chris Harris Sound", love it. Very cool, amigo.

Back