My PS5UG Phoenix Project Track

A Reel Person

It's Too Funky in Here!!!
This is me hamming it up on vocals with the Tascam Pocketstudio5 & MIDI backing track, on 02/13/08. An experimental work in progress on the PS5. I held the PS5 in hand & used the built-in mic. I rendered the mp3 mixdown track internally to the PS5.

Monkberry Moon Delight!

This jam was done as a PS5 MIDI familiarization, vocal practice & is loosely associated with the PS5UG Phoenix Project. People over there have gotten me interested in the Tascam Pocketstudio5, rock on!
http://ps5ug.proboards24.com/index.cgi
smeek.gif
smwhat.gif
smthumbs.gif
smbaa.gif

Last edited:
I rerember that tune!
Pm and Wings, right?
Been a long time, brought back memories.

Not familiar with the pocket studio but the sound recording sounds fine.

Yeah,...

But it's "Paul and Linda McCartney: Ram", from 1971.
Brings back memories for me, too.
The Pocketstudio 5 is a handheld sized 4-track with Midi Tone Generator. It's cool!
Thanx for listening, el'

Attachments

• 1-Tascam Pocketstudio 5a.jpg
    1-Tascam Pocketstudio 5a.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 34
Sounds pretty good man...vocals are a bit far back compared to the music...sorta different room sounding, but all in all it seems to have turned out pretty good. Sweet look gadget man....

Man, dude!

You're exactly right!

I had the unit in hand and stretched out as far away from me as I could, cause I was yelling my a$$ off! OL'd the internal mic a couple times. I blew my voice out over and over & did a dozen or more punches.

A different room, yeah! My vocals were in a different room than the MIDI backing track. Hint: My vocals were in the toilet!

So hey!

I'll bet you didn't expect me to pop another one off today, eh?

Tell Me Why!

You're exactly right!

I had the unit in hand and stretched out as far away from me as I could, cause I was yelling my a$$ off! OL'd the internal mic a couple times. I blew my voice out over and over & did a dozen or more punches.

A different room, yeah! My vocals were in a different room than the MIDI backing track. Hint: My vocals were in the toilet!

So hey!

I'll bet you didn't expect me to pop another one off today, eh?

Tell Me Why!

For how you're recording these, they sound pretty damn good man...and the vocals on the latter two sound much better, whatever you did different.
They seem to meld into the mix better. Nice job on these, and it sure seems you are having massive fun with the new toy....:D

I cut the mic distance about in half, (appx 18").

Fun, you bet!

The killer thing is that there are 2 tracks for more overdubs by myself or other PS5 heads who could dl the files and add their own tracks. Not to mention the MIDI TG is extremetly versatile, and some of those MIDI files are beautifully played and programmed. My hat's off to the midiheadz who threw those tracks together!

As live instruments get overdubbed, you can pull track elements out of the MIDI playback, as needed.

I'm also surprised with how good of a sound quality you can get with a handheld unit and it's built-in mic. Of course it helps that I'm a recording expert, but... heh. Kidding.:eek:;)

But all of the sudden I'm a Karaoke King! The built in TG and MIDI files fascinate me at the moment. Plus the CF flash memory recording aspect is gimmicky. Uploading and downloading files to/from the card to the 'puter is tedious, but that's an extremely versatile little unit, the Pocketstudio 5. I'm surprised and pleased with it as a purchase.

If the 2488 has the MIDI TG playback, I just might have to have one!

Watch out!

Thanx!

Back