My Original Songs

I liked your songs. Nice work mate!

I think the low end foundation is too overpowering, sounds a bit muddy IMO.
Drums could be a bit louder.

Vocals sound great.

Overall, good job!

Thanx Nico.
Yeah I thought the same about the low end...have to change that.

Any ideas on a sound card? I'm using a cheap one at the moment, but want to upgrade to something better.

The quality of songwriting is fine.

The construction of Crazy is great . . . a lot of energy and understatement. It's got a great chorus. It's sung strongly and confidently.

"My sweetest friend" didn't have the same impact.

I agree with Nico that both tracks are seriously bass heavy. This bottom end boom detracts a lot from the songs.

However, if you drop this back into the mix, along with bringing the kit forward. the songs should sound way better.

I think I heard some peaking on the vocals on the loud bits of "My sweetest friend", so you need to be careful there.

"Going down" appealed to me from the start. Again, I'd like to hear a snappier bass and kit combination. However, there is a highpitched thing going on (predominantly out the right side). It's faint, but enough to be a distraction.

But it's a great song, and at 3 minutes it springs into life . . . where the kit gets a bit more lively, a bit more punchy. (That squealy noise stops at about 3:30, btw).

All-in-all, I listened to three tracks, two of which really impressed me (accepting that they need a bit of work), while the third ("My sweetest friend") rambled along without exciting me much.

Thanx Gecko!
I really appreciate your input.
I'll have to have a listen and see if I can find this high pitch squealing in "Going Down".
I realize that I have to drop back the bass and bring forward the kit...but to upgrade my pc before I do anymore mixing...hopefully next week.
Thanx again for your input mate!

Last edited:
Going Down - on a songwriting level it's quite good. From an arrangement POV it would benefit from some of that sweet lead like in your demo. Nice Job... Soundcard ? I use a cheapo USB converter from the mains on my mixer so I'm no help. My friend has a EDIROL USB which isn't too bad but if I had my druthers I'd buy a Lexicon. :D

Back