Thread: My Newest Song

Thanks

My Newest Song

Sign in to disable this ad
    Folks... this is a contemporay Christian song that I wrote and recorded today. I would appreciate feedback on all aspects if possible. Steve Stallings "The Presence"

God Bless,
    Steven Stallings
    Bremond, Texas

Thanks
    2 christian songs in one day?What is it sunday?

I like the lyrics but the recording is so compressed that it's hard to for me to give any mix advice(not that Im really qualified )......it's compressed so bad that their are no dynamics at all.

Thanks
    Kramer,
    I went back to the song and remixed it. There is no compressor in the signal chain at this point. The new version is posted. I did not normalize the file this time either. I did a slightly different remix with the electric guitars.
    I appreciate yours and other folks comments.
    Thanks and God Bless
    Steve Stallings

Thanks

Smile

hi Steve, the drums should come more up & the bass could be clearer(by cutting some of the lowFreq and makin it a bit louder)
    nice tune though
    cheers

Thanks
    Hi man...nice tune. I like the acoustics...a lot, actually.

You've got the vocal right up front, which I like...some like it a little further back, but I think it's in good shape.

You might wanna' think about cutting some of the mids on that lead...I think the level's okay, but the tone is pretty harsh...I like it in the outro.

I know nothing about drums or bass, so I'll leave that to others.

From a songwriting perspective, I'd like more of a definable chorus...I don't know how, but it needs to be more "different" from the verses. Like when you sing "Standing in the presence, it's almost identical to "I can feel the power," which I thought is where the chorus started...but maybe not...WHICH JUST GOES TO PROVE MY POINT, lol. Anyway, I like the tune, I just think it's got enough room for some kind of a dynamic chorus. P.S. I know next to nothing about anything...these are my opinions, lol.

Take it easy,
    Chris

Thanks
    Thanks guys... I really appreciate all the comments. You know how hard it is to be objective about your own stuff. I'm going to work on this some more and then repost it.

Thanks
    Nice pretty song. I liked both the guitars and how they worked together. I liked the guitar solo - worked well for the style of music.

Is there a bass part in there? Listening on cheap headphones it's hard to tell. So if there is one, that tells me it should probably be brought up. The guitars are panned pretty hard - maybe move them a little closer to center.

Some minor pitchiness in the vocals (e.g., the word "call" at :44). Some notes are bobbled - e.g., the first time you sing "Presence" at :02 or "blood" at 2:28. Very minor though.

I heard a pop at 1:03. I couldn't tell if it was a guitar, or a mic, a punch in, or maybe just from the singer.

As for style, I'm hearing this as a bigger power-ballad style song. Maybe really belt out the chorus. Add harmonies. Just something to add power.

Nice song. I would keep working at it.

Thanks

New Remix

I took some of the comments and remixed the tune.
    The biggest change is a new pedal steel track.

I brought the bass and drums up slightly and moved the accoustic and electric closer to center. I rolled off some mids on the electric solo and bought it's volume down. I did use a tiny... and I mean tiny bit of compression on the final mix to tame the pedal steel part some. Both versions are posted.

Thanks

Smile

Hi Steve.

Sounds good from here,your vocals really shine,great job.
    I love the steel,some fine playing man.
    The only thing I heard was mabey the lead guitar needs to come up a little.JMHOP

Nice writing and production,I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing,
    Pete
    Pete

Thread Information