My new studio - I can die happy now

TexRoadkill

Audio Bum
I've been looking for a house that I could use as a studio for the last couple years and I finally found the perfect place. It's a dome house that is half underground and the acoustics are amazing. Normally a dome would be a little too weird but this one was is egg shaped instead of circular and there is a large open cupola in the middle to help open up and diffuse the sound. Three seconds of pure defused bliss.

My band and I moved in this weekend and started doing some test recordings. The first song is a few basic tracks recorded live to 2 track with no effects. The drums were in the lower area that is open to the top floor. The guitar amps were in seperate rooms. There is also a PZM smashed through an RNC down in the drum pit and I fade it in during the second chorus and final jam out.

The second song is some acoustic 12 string and drums with me switching around the various room mics. I put up a binaural setup up on the top floor for room ambience and acoustic recording.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/texroadkill/singles

Cool!

Interesting to listen to the different mics on the drums.

I like what the room does for the snare on certain mics you switched to.

F.S.

aww man i love this kind of shit. It slowly builds up. DUde, do you mind if I use this on a short I just finished??

Listened to "Sometime"...great sound to this, especially liked the bass guitar tone fat yet well defined if that makes sense :p ...no nits here, just digging it!

Thanks for listening guys. This place is a blast to record in. We've been knocking out a song a night. It's AMAZING how much easier it is to record when you have great sounding rooms.

The bass rig is a SWR head through an Eden 2x10 (I think) in it's own medium sized pie shaped room close miked with a Shure Beta 52A. The cheapie DI is blended in with it. We've since moved the bass cab up to a smaller bathroom for a tighter bottom end. I've been really liking blending the DI and cab lately.

MHB - I answered your PM before I saw this. Go for it, the info is the same as in the PM.

Nice build in the song. Sounds similar to an Australian band called Speedwell (speedwellrock on Myspace).

First one kicks ass. 2nd one with the 12-string is okay, cool sounding and pretty interesting, but I like the first one a lot better.

Back