My new song: The Love That I Can Give

badgerer

Hi guys and girls,

Good news for me, I've (at least temporarily) overcome writers block that has lasted for months and months! Have written two songs in the last two days, one of which is a bit silly, but I think the other is pretty good...

http://www.nowhereradio.com/tomewer/singles - The Love That I Can Give.

Sorry about the really crap quality, but it takes forever to upload on my dialup so I had to make it pretty small. I don't want criticism regarding the recording quality really anyway, more on how I can develop this song. The recording you download was done as I was writing it pretty much, so not much in the way of frills.

Main things are - how to seperate better verse and chorus...and what to do at the end? My thoughts are to just vamp out into the distance with whats going on at the end at present, rather than it just stopping like it does. Any other suggestions will be very very welcome.

Cheers!

Oh, and one other thing...I'm terrible at playing drums, and have no imagination in constructing a decent sounding drum piece to accompany this song. So that's pretty much out of the question unfortunately.

No real criticism, I like it. Im in no posistion to criticize anyones recording anyway since my recordings sound the way they do. As I was listening to the tune though, I heard drums in my head and I took the liberty of throwing in a drum track. A bad drum track but a drum track none the less. I hope thats cool, I don't really know what the etaqite is as far as these things are concerned and I realize you werent calling for a colab or anything but I was bored so if its not cool that I butchered your song and posted it on the internet, let me know and I will delete the link. Im just kind of curious if what I heard is even close to the direction you have in mind. Dont expect too much, its totally sans frills and or proper recording technique I'm sure but here it is.

Don't mind you doing that at all. I like it...the verse especially. Nice cymbals! I think the beat you play on the chorus slows it down a bit? If you know what I mean? But aside from that I'm impressed, brings the song to life a bit more. Thanks!

Sounded alright,

You had some depth and space in the mix... didn't sound all crammed together or anything...

If you find a drummer it could rock a long quite well...

Back