My new song: "All for you"

wjgypsy

hi guys! it's been a while sence i last posted here, but i have been busy record. anyway here is my latest. i wrote this one about almost a year ago i guess, and i recorded it the day before yestarday. it is the first song that i have recorded useing the new gear that i got for christmas. here's how i recorded all the tracks.

the guitar track whent into the Pod, where i selected the line 6 clean amp (Roland JC-120). then i ran the guitar out of the pod, stereo in a Art pre-amp, Behringer composer pro, Behringer Ultra-curve pro and into my daw.

the bass whent into the pre, compresser and eq and then into my daw.

the drums where recorded with 4 mics. sm57 (snare) shure beta 52 (kick) and 2 mxl 603s on overheads. i ran the snare and the kick mics into the compresser, where i compressed them both with the same settings. then they when to the eq (Ultra-curve pro) and then to the daw. the overheads whent strate into the pre and into the daw.

the vocal was recorded with my nady scm-900 mic and then sent though the same chane of rack mount prosessers that the guitar did.

the percussion was recorded with the scm-900.

The Sound that i was trying to get was the "Flaming Pie" sound from paul maCcartneys album. i think that it sounds good. what do you guys think?

"All for you"

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1775&alid=-1

zeke

Zeke dude... I'm seriously impressed.

Good song. I might possibly kill to get drums that sound like that. Maybe. They sound really, really good.

Only critique? The vocals are a bit dark. You may want/need to try another vocal mic for this arrangement... something that's a bit briter... the vocals are a bit "wide" and "low" and just aren't cutting through very well.

Otherwise, a fantastic job. I'm very jealous of those drums :mad:

:D

my first impression is that i don't like the way the guitar sounds...it's too poddy for me...

i've recorded that sound a hundred times from my pod. lacks character...not enough guts to the guitar sound, and for that given part, i'd almost rather hear an acoustic.

the drums and percussion do sound good, nice work man..nice mix.

Nice job. The vocal is a bit over-compressed. Some sibilance goin' on there.

Drums are good except for that crash cymbal. Has that midrange "gong" tone. Maybe cut a bit at about 400hz or so to tone that down. I like the dry mix with the roomy drums. Perhaps put just a tad of ambient 'verb on the guitars & vocal to make it blend better.

Pretty good for new gear.:cool:

Dude...are you 14 yet?

I'm with Chad...nice drums. That snare sounds like it's sitting in my freakin' lap.

I didn't read your post, but the vocal sounds like it's too close, if that makes sense. Proximity effect in a not great way. I don't know if reverb would help...I don't think it'd hurt.

You're gonna' be a monster, man. Nice job.

kidmix...lol....are you kidding me?..

very cool song zekester....
yes the vocals are too upfront....but the actual vocals are really good...and again drums sound great.
your HOW old????

liar...

lmao

jamal

I turned 14 back in september. i've been recording now for 3 1/2 years. thanks for all your compliments!

Last edited:
Nice job young man.

Suggestions... Harmonies on the chorus. They would definitely kill on a song like this. If it were me, I'd multitrack the vocals.

The vocal was somewhat pitchy in spots. You might want tp retrack.

Again, good job. Trip...

damn Zeke!!!! your gonna be a force, little brother!!!!
your doin it right!!!!!! good work Zeke!!!!

keep it up!!!!!!

thank's peace

rick

Great Song!!

This is really good song writing. Very well written. The guitar sound is really nice i think. The vocals are a bit too dry and upfront. I would take some advice and harmonize or doubletrack parts for added touch. The vocals are a bit off key in parts, i would retrack them. I think there is something funny about the toms too, kinda boxy sounding. But overall this is really great. Crashes are a little abrasive as was said earlier. But this has all the elements of a really great song. This is making me want to post some mellower stuff of mine...good job. I think your vocal delivery needs to be a little stronger in certain sections...it sounds a little to restricted and held back. Keep up the good work.

sounds good zeke..........

drums sound great........i like the tamborine

one thing you could work on........getting the vocal to cut through more.........maybe try another mic........also maybe working on your singing dynamics a bit......your hitting the notes in the stronger parts, but singing with almost the same passive voice...try belting a little more for a little more of an emotional response......like someone told me once..."sing it like you mean it"

it's good stuff zeke

Thanks dude. I think that i will go back to Practicing my Screaming vocals for my Metal songs!

Mom 'n Pop ant gon'a get no sleep tonight..........

Zeke, you are nothing short of amazing.. the only critique that I have for you is that on this song like on your last song: "wannabe"..
I feel (more so on this song) that you just aren't puting enough "umph" into the vocal.. you need to give it your all.. push on those vocal lines..
it will fatten it up.. Don't hold back. just let the vocal come out.. The line "All for you" sounds like your being lazy with the vocals...
"all of the things that we do" at 2:37 ... you just need to really attack it.. when i listen to these two songs.. I hear you singing and it sounds
like you wait too long to energize your words.. your phrasing is way off.. it's late.. This is my opinion as a vocalist myself..
I've been singing for a long time though (certainly not as long as the Hit-making wonders on this board that are oh-so AWESOME)
BUT I do know a thing or two about emotion and phrasing in vocals.. You just need to give it more "umph" and save the quiet
intimate vocal lines for when you have a fuller, more projecting voice.. Later on in life.. For now, I'd suggest that you just get in that mics face and make music! ;)

Zeke, remember not to take this to heart. I wouldn't say anything if you weren't posting FOR feedback..
and I also wouldn't suggest something that I dodn't think would help you.

Good Luck in all you do.. and you are STILL amazing me.. loved teh Beatles cover man.. beautiful

Thanks dude. I always knew that somthing was missing from that vocal. i'll do a re-take some day and let you guys here it.

Thanks guys,

zeke

Back