My music...

Pedullist

Stop it, I can't breathe
Hi, I'm new here...didn't have time to check out (and respond to) all of your songs but I must say the overall quality is pretty good! Very diverse too. Thumbs up!

Thanks to James Argo's keen enthousiasm I've put up some of my songs too. Yes, I sing in dutch, but music is music right? :)

Here it is:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2618&alid=447

Feel free to comment, but I've already released the songs on an album so I can't redo anything. :)

first, let me say that music is music. this is some fine music and a great recording. very good playing abd vox. Now the ?;

is this a band, or do you do all the music,

how was this recorded,

and last, how do you say "I really like your stuff" in Dutch?

"but I've already released the songs on an album so I can't redo anything"

so the album is released where you live?

dtb

Thanks a lot, dtb.

Yes, I do all the music, but I have a few good literate friends who give me lyrics (because I can't write lyrics, don't know why...I guess it's in my genes :) ) They play in a band, but sometimes their singer refuses to sing some lyrics. They usually ended up in an old shoebox. But now I'm having fun with it.

Two years ago (when my band split up) I bought HS2002, a soundblaster Audigy & a Shure mic and this is the result of two years of intense learning and fun. Later I added a JoeMeek VC3Q and replaced the Shure mic for a Stagg. For guitar I used a Hamer with a Korg AX1000G, straight into the soundcard (yes, the Korg has a good speaker simulator). My basses are Pedulla's, plugged through the VC3Q into the soundcard. Drums & keyboards are midi (soundfonts)

'Album release' sounds kinda big: I just had about 200 cd's burned for me by a company (cover included). My sales stopped at 67, unfortunately. :( And it's only $8,-, shipping included! (nope, I'm not making any money with it) :)

Anyway, it's just a hobby for me (although my attitude can be somewhat professional sometimes, I'm Cakewalk support's biggest nightmare, hehehe :) )

Now where's your music, dtb!?

Very nice! Nice smooth chord progressions and melodies-good singing and nice stacking of the vocals-Nice bridge that happens around 1:10. Very tasteful playing and production-I'm a sucker for a good pop song and this is definetely a good one--I'm listening to "Neem Vrij"--Damn I like this alot! When I have $8.00 to spare, I'll get back in touch with you-Great stuff!! Listening over and over agin......

They're all scary me :eek: !!! How come you did this in HS 2002 ?!!! And Audigy ??? !!!
(I told you guys... Creative's are good if we know how to handle it...) :D :D :D
Very good job Pedullist... :D

Comments :

1. Er Moet iemand zijn
Very nice drums programing & mixing !!! Sincoupe here and there, kinda groovy. How long did it take you to do the drum programing ? Gees... And nice vocal compression. Tight guitar riff. I dunno what to say anymore.. very expresive.

2. Neem vrij
Great vocals harmony. Realy tight among parts. Reminds me to Queen at their four firsts albums. Did you sing all the parts by your self ? I'll give you 5 stars for the vocals work.

3. Realiteit bijt
One of my favorite. This must be what you picked for radio hit, eh ? And good chord selection. The drums sounds so live. This one has bigest emotions over all songs.

4. Tijdbom
Jazzy Hip hop, eh ? Another good song with tight vocals harmony. with sound effect here and there, realy cool.

Overall, they're all great polished songs. I'm not into the genre, but I'm sure they're all great for their own. My mother (she can speak Dutch a little...) likes them alot. With a songs like that I wouldn't say it's a hobbist work. It's pro !!!

;)
Jaymz

Thanks for your kind words, James! Who needs SONAR, right? :)

It's cool your mother actually understands what I'm singing about!

Drum programming usually takes up to a week, mainly to humanize it. And yes, I did all the vocal parts...

That's funny, considering I'm a bassplayer. I guess I'm always afraid to mix the bass too loud, so consequently I always tend to mix it too light. Does that make any sense? :)

It's not the first time I hear it, I should work on my bass mix! :D

Realijt Bijt-Very well done.All the elements are there and the drums sound great.No complaints.Mint recoeding,very pro sounding.Your voice is great,you could do some great prog.metal Amorphous style...

ps-How do I say "your song sucks infected foreskin" in Dutch?Not for your stuff...maybe just for a special occasion.

OK, guys...

For positive comments say:
Ik vind je liedjes erg goed

For negative comments say:
Je liedjes zijn zo verrot als een geïnfecteerde voorhuid. (I presume you know how that feels, W.I.S.C.? LOL )

Listened to "Neem..." earlier today (and burnt it to a cd). I really, really enjoy it. Looking forward to listening to the other tunes later this week.

Great job!

Pedullist said:
That's funny, considering I'm a bassplayer. I guess I'm always afraid to mix the bass too loud, so consequently I always tend to mix it too light. Does that make any sense? :)

Makes perfect sense. Being a guitarist, I have a tendency to do the same with guitars.:D

I listened to Neem vrij. Nice atmosphere. Cool feel to it. Pretty nice sounding harmonies - real nice blend. That harmony section in the middle was sweet. I only speak English - I wish I could understand the words.

Good song. Good job with it.

Hey Pedulla-dude:D

..Nice stuff man. Your bg vocs sound great ...super-lush. I like em alot. ....actually all of the vocs sound great. ...shit, actually this whole recording sounds pretty damn clean. Nice stuff man.
...made me wanna sing along :D
gw/5

Back