My mixing job, what you think?

it started off nice and clean.. I was about to start typing until the drums came in..

the drummer killed it.. his timing was all over the place.. the drum sound was not great, but at least they're real.. the ride was louder than the snare, and there's quite a few mistakes on the guitar..

the intro sounded good.. nice vocal sound but the rest needs some work..

B.SABBATH said:
it started off nice and clean.. I was about to start typing until the drums came in..

the drummer killed it.. his timing was all over the place.. the drum sound was not great, but at least they're real.. the ride was louder than the snare, and there's quite a few mistakes on the guitar..

the intro sounded good.. nice vocal sound but the rest needs some work..

the lead guitar is played like that, he has the style of pavement.

Drums i know need work. drives me insane. I might do some drum edits on it. who knows.

the band wanted it done quick, so not enough time to make it sound perfect, sucks :(

Decent tune.Not that bad of a mix either.The only thing thats really distracting to me is the one string guitar notes being played.That guitar is slightly out of tune.I like the notes the guitarist is playing but it sounds slightly out of tune.Not much but enough to notice.

The vocals sound good to me.....I like the doubled vocals too.The cymbals are mixed a little too loud.

This almost has an "old" U2 quality to it.

Not a bad tune at all.

Good comments so far. I agree with everything. Erratic drumming, guitar riff needs to used more sparangly, etc. Some intonation problems on the the guits? Sounded like it near the beginning.

I liked the singer. Good music. Lyrics were so-so. I liked the sound on the rhythm guit.

I think the bass played during the drum solo, but it was pretty low. You might be able to get a better tone on that guitar riff - something with a little less upper midrange and a bit more lower-mid stuff.

Some good and some not so good. A good start though.

Eek! Those drums....!

The bass is just an indistinct drone.... the lead guitar fill is very choppy and erratic.... and my god, those drums! "Pretty bad timing" is an understatement..... your drummer knows he's supposed to set the timing, right?

The intro starts off solid but when the band kicks in, everything just seems to fall apart....

Actually, it's a cool song, but before worrying about recording enhancements, you've got some performance enhancements that are far more critical....

Back