My latest work

Brian_Buresh

Here are three songs I have recorded in the last month or so. Let me know what you think of any or all of them. Thanks.

Here they are.

I just got an account with nowhereradio.com and I like it because there is instant upload - no approval period. Sometimes I have a hard time with the streaming option, but downloading always works.

Brian,

"Possible near miss" good tune! Nice vibe going, when the distorted guitar comes in, it even gets better, I like what's happening with this tune. The mix is strange, I know there's something it needs, but there's something real about the sound that I like. Maybe that distorted guitar is too loud, but I like it that way. I listened to it three times. I like the guitar melody a lot.

I'll check out some more tomorrow.

good tune though!

later.

good tune

I think I would back the rhythm gtr back a bit and maybe change the tone of the rhythm gtr, or maybe do it acoustic - it seems to bump heads with the lead at times.

good job

mutt

possible near miss:

the drums sound really distant...
not sure where this song is supposed to go. It almost sounds like a takeoff of Framptons ..."do you really want me"...or whatever that live/talkbox song was...
What are the plans for this idea?..is it finished? kinda classifies more as a musical 'idea' than a finished composition.
you've got some interesting aspects happening, but it needs more, imo.

best light:

this song almost sounds like it is part of the first one...or could be incorporated into it.

fake tape blues:
sounds like your having a good time jamming/recording...and that's a big part of it. You need to develop more musically, and get away from riffing, and try to make a statement. Listening to a blues progression of leads all the way thru takes something really special about it to hold the listeners interest....either great chops, a new sound, a great idea/melody, uniqueness...ya get the point. Yeah...a tough thing to do...but that's what makes good music really good...at least to me.

I agree wit mixmkr about Possible near miss sounding like a take of that Frampton song, but I like that song and i like this one too.
whether the similarities were intentional or not.
Sounds to me like some tight mixing/mastering happening here.

Fargo's best light sounded kinda familiar too but i cant put my finger on it, either way diggin it.

All i can say about Fake Tape blues is that I feel a bar brawl comin on, which isnt neccessarily a bad thing all the time.
everbody needs a good ass beating every now and then so keep kicking asses.

Thanks to everybody. Feedback is exciting.

I will touch on just a few of the comments:

Drums distant: I use computer-generated drums, as you can tell, and I process the heck out of them so they don't sound so stiff. Real ones would be better.

Sounds like Frampton: Didn't go for that, but Frampton's cool.

Sounds unfinished and doesn't go anywhere: Yeah, that's fair. I work on them in little blocks of no more than probably an hour or two, so it's hard to keep with my original idea when I work on the same song over a period of a week or more. As for them sounding unfinished, I have been teaching myself about digital music production mostly through experimentation, so I don't really know what to do to a song after I record it.

Fake Tape Blues needed more: You're right. I can't really deliver on any of the suggestions, though. Now that I think about it, it was kind of silly for me to make that song. I'm a bass player who has no business picking up a guitar (not true for all bassists) and I didn't even record real bass for the song.

Thanks again. Kind of long-winded, huh. I had fun making the songs and it was rewarding to get feedback. Are there any other Electrical Engineering majors out there that do this on their free time?

BTW, are those posting times confusing anyone else? They're like 6 hrs. off of my time zone.

Hi Bri, 1st tune; sounded a bit like "Do You Feel Like I Do" but still a good tune. Drums are a subdued and need to come forward. When the crunhy guitar comes in, it's a bit too loud. Just sounds like a remix would fix all ills.
2nd tune; I really liked this tune but it suffers from the same problems as the first. Sounds like you're off to a good start.:cool:

Back