My girl dumped me before V-day

Sorry about your luck there. As far as the song, I think the vocals could have been a little closer. Nice tune......

By closer do you mean more up front? Louder?
Thats what people keep telling me. I think I will try it again with more energy then re-mix it. I tend to mumble when I talk and people keep telling me they can't understand some of the words either, haha go figure.

Thanks

I think you have a real nice voice.This song reminds me of two
bands:America and Firefall.
A lot of times we song writers touch on subjects in our songs
that we would never bring up in conversation,because it is too personal.This makes some of us afraid to really belt it out.Quit
holding back and open up yer mouth man!
Good tune!

My girl left me before V-day.......Da da da da dum.

Should've made it a blues song...

Just kidding. Good vocals but a little bland. Push em up front some more as you have a good voice.

this mix is smooth, the bass is wide solid foundation, holds everything up well. Guitar is smooth, recorded, and played well but if you listen closely the end of the envelope that trails off each end on each strum is right in the freq range of the sustain in your voice. You need to take the guitar highs down a bit and bring the voice out some more and make it take dominance. Otherwise, cool.

i really like the song - but i agree with the others that you should get more in the front with the vocals - especially like the vox at the end of song - good songwriting - women can do that - keep it up

sweens said:
i really like the song - but i agree with the others that you should get more in the front with the vocals - especially like the vox at the end of song - good songwriting - women can do that - keep it up

yeah the vox at the end is cool, bass player did that. You don't know him do ya?
LOL
welcome

Hey Man,

Excellent song! To tell you the truth I kinda like the 'mumbled vocals'! I've been working on a lot of acoustic guitar/vocal songs lately and I'm wondering what you used for this song? Mics? Guitar? Placement?

Keep up the good work, and hang in there.

-Scott

scottn5388 said:
Hey Man,

Excellent song! To tell you the truth I kinda like the 'mumbled vocals'! I've been working on a lot of acoustic guitar/vocal songs lately and I'm wondering what you used for this song? Mics? Guitar? Placement?

Keep up the good work, and hang in there.

-Scott

Thanks for your comments Scott,
Here is my signal chain:
Studio Projects C1 > ART Digital Mic Pre > Motu 828 > Sonar 3 pro

Guitar is a cheap fender DC-10CE with elixer strings (lights)

Thats about it, I use waves plug ins mostly but I believe on this track I used the lexicon patheon reverb that came with sonar (which I am starting to like).
My monitors are M-audio SBX5's

Brett

sorry
forgot about mic placement.........
For guitar I had the mic angled towards the sound hole but about 4 inches away and towards the headstock. It was way to boomy having the mic right on the soundhole.

For vocals I just use a home made pop filter (pantyhose and coathanger lol) about 8 to 10 inches away, kinda turn my head for some reason when I sing but it seams to work.......

I recorded the guitars twice, and panned one hard left one right, with some reverb. The vocals I doubled as well, and then added a 3rd and 4th vocal track for harmonies. The doubled main vox are pretty much down the center, but the harmony tracks are panned alittle left and right. bass is right down the center.

Great song

That one goes in my "Keeper" folder. Can't give it enough praise or say anything that hasn't already been echoed above. I did strain to make out the vocal in parts but to me that's a good thing. It made my consentrate and really listen to the song. I love the bass tone. Great work. I'll be checking out the rest of your work.

Thanks for sharing,

Alec

Back