my fourth post in the clinic

Mixmkr is going to be mad at me! ;) But I think it sounds great. How did you record the drums? They sound very big. I could have used a little more bass guitar. The mix is perhaps a bit bright. Great performance. I like it! I would have liked a more melodic guitar solo. Still, very very good!!

fourth??

er....?? :confused:

Did I miss the third one?? :p

I'll check this oat when I get home.

WATYF

P.S. Syd... I used to live in Lockport. Just north of 159th, right next to the Forest Preserve. What area are you in?

WATYF said:
fourth??

er....?? :confused:

Did I miss the third one?? :p

I'll check this oat when I get home.

WATYF

P.S. Syd... I used to live in Lockport. Just north of 159th, right next to the Forest Preserve. What area are you in?

the third one was a thread (now on page 2 of the forum) called "which version should I go with?" where i had a tune we recently worked out as well as a vocal outtake that was a bit goofy but funny. :)

i live in warrenton virginia.. the gateway to the blueridge mountains! :)

-alex

WATYF said:
Wow! Small world. I live just south of 159th, in the old part of town kitty korner from the old east high school. I'm trying to place where you were.

didn't care for the intro. once the song kicks in, i really like the drums! you've got a nice voice. this has a very live feel to it. i like it.

that intro was intresting.. all over the place. demented.

man those toms are out there right when it kicks in. very nice but it pulls me out of the vocal a little. maybe duck them back volume wise or pull them more to center when the vocal comes in.

Is this an acoustic bass? I want to hear it more... The low end needs work in general. especially the kick. just sounds wrong to me. all i hear is like 10k and no low end at all.

The guitars really work for me, nice effect

I really like this tune.:)

The intro is cool but goes on a bit too long.

The tom hits seem a bit hot and I don't dig the wide panning.

The bass guit. level is a bit hot a first, then drops way down. Comes back then goes away again. Needs to me more consistant.

Turn that guitar solo up a bit.

:cool:

based on everyone's overall comments... i am working up another more mellow version of this tune that excludes the intro and adds a chorus section.

will be posting it soon. thanks again everyone.

-alex

Excellent.

Music Quality - ****

Recording Quality - ****

Performance - ****

Good Stuff,Beatle-esque.I don't care for this style but I can't flame this either.Nice job.

Excellent work Alex! I like it a lot. The mix seems super.

Dislikes are the little dissonant break? It doesn't seem to fit the rest of the song? And the guitar solo.

Drums sound great, nice tight sound. Great vocals! Rythym guit is great too.

This sounds soooo pro dude! I'm turning green.

Joe

Hey Alex,
I saw Watyf's recomendation of you in the other thread and headed right over to give a listen. Very nice vocs man.... Youve got chops.
The tune is clean too. I like the writing style in this, i cant really come up with a comparison..... but the sound is familiar. I like that.
Very nice work man. gw/5

btw: i dig the beginning of this.

Back