My First Time Recordings

GeorgeCostanza2

I recently got this program MultiTrackStudio and its truly F-ing great
These recordings were done with a 2 dollar microphone, the drums sound flat but the guitar sounds remarkably clean
all the instruments were played by me, there nothing official just learning to use the program and seeing cool sh*t I could do

Just guitar and effects

too many effects

Collective Soul

I respect criticism, but keep in mind im only 17

Last edited:
Your links seem to have been 'truncated' ... a big, hairy, smelly 'truncator' has truncated your links BWWWAaaahahaha !

If you copied these links from another posting you made, that could be why.

OMG !!!!!!

they are werkingggggg

DL through dreamtime ... listen ... next ... waking ... period .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Listened to the Collective Soul cover....

Not sure what kind of comments you're looking for but all I can suggest is you play the original track next to yours and listen for the differences.

The original has a well-defined tone to the guitars, not the sound of buzzing bees!

I listened to the first and the last - you have a lot of talent. My best advice is don't quit - keep plugging away. I could comment on the mixes but you already know what needs to be worked on. You have good ears or you couldn't play as well as you do. Keep listening and try to recreate what you hear on CDs. There are a ton of cool techniques to be learned from the folks out here, too. I don't use a computer for recording so I'm totally clueless about software and all that jazz. I go for the right sgnal in and then I don't have to dick around with it too much when all the parts are recorded. Sometimes it works - and sometimes........it sucks. C'est la vie - keep on keepin' on. And don't throw anything away - you'll love to re-listen to these in about six months!
~Milan

The World I know
--------------------------
Intro has got a bit of Dave Mathew's guitar sound.
Fairly good seperation of the different guitar sounds.
You could bring the panning in a bit tighter and get a better mix
without sacrificing to much character from each instrument.

I do hear a bit of line or outboard gear noise here.

Enjoy The Silence
---------------------------
I'm thinking 'Garbage'
Things are clean, nice sounds.
This is tighter of course because the guitars are
at the same pan point.

Suburbia
----------------
Very 'purple' sounding guitar down low, and the gnasher is good contrast on top of it. I'm guessing you panned the 'purple guitar' just to the right of the gnasher.

Everything
-----------------
Sounds good ... use a click track and you will sound 'way pro' .

Overall, clean sounds, a good variety of sounds and I don't hear you pushing the actual physical guitar anywhere that it 'doesn't work' ... everything is 'working'.

My suggestion is to identify and commit to some standard formats like :

verse _ pre-chorus _ chorus _ verse _ chorus _ Instrumental Break _ chorus _ outro hooks

There are PLENTY of songwriters in the songwriter's forum here that don't even know they need a guitarist yet ! You could make a lot of folks happy by just providing a nice bed to sing over, and voila' you've got your virtual band.

And the format and structure that I've mentioned, you can just plug some of the ideas in here you've presented and you've got the beginning of a song.

Thanks for 'presenting' and sharing your sounds with us. We learn, you learn. Please review others, thanks.

Back