My first song here - tell me what you think...

Stromschlag

Legend
Last weekend's outcome...

ESCAPE by Stromschlag

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2589&alid=-1

Please comment on anything...
Overall sound...
Guitar sound [not playing!!! ;-)]
Vocal sound.... etc

Well, I just recorded one verse of the vocals and then cut and pasted it - that will be replaced by 'real' lyrics - after I have written them... so don't try to figure out the words - they may not make any sense - and by the way - English is not my mother tongue...

Tell me what you think of it...

I like the overall sound, the music, the style. almost everything.

To me the vocal melody hits several clashing tones with the music. I didn't think the melody fit the song?

That may be the sound you're after, then good job.

Joe

Killer song! I love that synth bass in there. I wasn't paying attention to the lyrics, but that was a great vocal sound you've got. This is gonna be good!

Twist

nice

kinda' billy idol meets trent reznor. (at least the version with the vocals remind of me of billy idol... the instrumental doesnt quite as much)

great sound. was this largley done on a digitial workstation?
those drums sound to good to be mic'd? am I wrong?

after a second listen i am quite sure they are sequenced. really good stuff.

nice crunchy guitars too.. acoutics are right in the pocket.
everything is so in time. very tight.

kick ass.

-alex

Oh well, thanks to you all...

Yes, everything was done on a computer - except the vocals and the flanger guitar...

I hope to come up with a 'more interesting' refrain - with a better vocal hookline, well we'll see...

Any more comments???

sounds good but..

I agree with Smokepole about the vocals fitting the tune, though, the vocals are technically great; 2nd thing is - the cymbals wich are way too loud.
great work man - finish that!

I totally like the tune, arrangment, and instruments, and vocals. I would prefer the snare and cymbals a little softer kick a little louder. The vocals a little louder with some more presence on them. Your english sounds really good... :)

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8
Could not connect to server

Well, yesterday the nowhereradio.com-server was down - now it's running again... (at least right now)...
So please try it again...

Vocals sound pretty good and the mix is smooth in general.

I would cut back on the amount of synthetic instruments in the mix. Or maybe cut the volume on em a bit. When the music cuts down to more guitar, it sounds soooo good.

Really cool song, especially on the 2nd listen. I love the vox man, and the delay effect on it is bitchin'.

I'd just cut down on some of that spacy sounding stuff, but that's just a matter of personal preference. Really quality.

Nice live sounding production!! Maybe a little bright. I really dig your voice. I wish I could hear it a little more. :( Very interesting song. Very BIG sound. I like the guitar sound at about 1:20. Nice and crisp!! Crunchy..YEAH!

it's tough for me to comment on mix as i was only able to listen lo fi, but from what i could tell you've got a good mix going on.

"in yer face" drums and bass seem appropriate since the song grooves so nicely.

guit tone is good, but i prefer more "organic" sounds.

i think the melody is cool. catchy in an "invitational" kind of way.

man, the vox....i'd swear it was billy in the flesh.

drink a St. Paulie girl for me.

michael

:o All this references to Billy Idol...
I wonder if you just looked up my 'bio' at nowhereradio.com :)
You know, I never do it on purpose - trying to sound like him. It just comes naturally...
So, as long as nobody feels offended...

I think you could definately turn the vocals up!! Also maybe more industrial sounding drums to cut a bit more.

Nice Song
Beez

I hear more Mike Patton/Faith No More than Billy Idol. I like it! The drums are phat! (though the cymbals are indeed, a tad too loud)

I have a feeling the bass could be meaner, perhaps you should run it through a filter/distortion and tweak it a little. Or something like that. Or just forget it....who am I to tell you? :D

The whistling pffffffsh sounds in the background are cool, but don't overdo it. :)

yea i heard alot of Mike Patton in the vox, not the overdone high pitched Mike Patton but the low dynamic Patton sound that i've grown to love =). This mix is great, the crash is alittle loud...and bring the guitars up a bit more...very huge sound. I'm looking forward to the next revision

Back