My first song on here!

dude the song rocks. 0:27 to 0:41 kick ass. I would cut the progression after 0:41 and just hand on the one part (0:40 - 0:41) for the entire verse because it sounds bad ass.

btw- bass can stand out but not be loud enough at the same time. it makes sense:

eq - stands out
volume- not loud enough

Got a real "big room" feel going on, the drums sound distant, like you're miking a live setup from about 2/3 back of the auditorium. It's a cool party ambience... Tempo is kinda loose, but it's really sort of an improv jam piece anyway, so it's not really much of a detraction. On the plus side, each part has a place in the soundfield; it'd be pretty easy to have something like this sound cluttered and crashing about; but this doesn't at all.

Kinda fun! I'm actually liking all the stop-start for some reason. It's part of the ambience...

It's a cool tune... Pretty abstract, like it is on the fly or something... I agree with some other posters that the first lead sound you have going is kind of heavy on the highs, stings the ears a bit. The bass doesn't seem to have a whole lot of low end to it, more mids than anything but that makes it very clear. Everybodies ears are different though, and what sounds good to one may not sound good to another...

Hey everyone! Llarion, you're right about the drums. I don't know if anyone else does this, but I like the sound of adding some reverb to the drum track, making the drums sound like they are in a bigger room than they are.

With the instrumentals I always have a sort of on the fly approach not really having the luxury anymore of having different words in a vocal part for each verse. So I enjoy the freedom of messing around with the song structures and trying all sorts of stuff. Then there's also sections/jams in most of my tracks where I just leave an opening and only have a drum beat planned out. When I get there with the other instruments I just see what happens. I think some pretty cool stuff happened just messing around like that. :D

Well thanks again for the helpful comments/observations everyone! I'll definitely go back and take them into consideration when I adjust the song some and post some other stuff here and there. Laters ;)

Back