My First Solo Effort (ROCKetship - Nevermind the Little Things)

I think the piece is cool. You've chosen some nice patches and the guitar comes across. There are a few volume issues I have though...

The underlying keyboard track seems to be a bit loud. It doesn't let the other tracks through as much as I'd like, like the melody and acoustic on the left.
I'm not sure why you need to pump up the volume so much either in spots, it seems quite a bit louder than the rest of the instruments. I'm thinking there must be a more subtle way to do this without such a large change in overall volume.

Other than the volume issue, this is a very nice piece and I like the arrangement; the playing is great!

:D:):D:)

thanks man. i see what you're sayin about the volume thing. when the keys first come in they seem to kind of takeover i guess.

i can actually have that fixed by tonight, ill update this when it is :)

thanks.

Last edited:
Its a little stagnant.:o The idea is fine, as is the vibe, it just needs a lil more movement. Maybe pads with filter sweeps, more crescendos, different timbres, more/different patches.

ok there is a new version up there now, fixed the volume i think and added layers to the outro to make it more interesting...

let me know!

I like it very much, but I have to say that for my personal preference, the guitar is a little lost. It could come up a lot more. Well done.

Back