My first official customers

Thanks guys

Yes, It's all my gear. Nothing really that great. Bunch of sm57, couple audix fusion mics and 1 mxl 1500 LDC. All run through my Soundtracs console into a Delta 1010.

Just goes to show you can do some pretty decent stuff with less than stellar gear.

Richard Monroe said:
The material's really not my bag, but it is well done. The recording is excellent. Nice work, Dawg!-Richie

Yep, It's not really my bag either but I can stand a little of it. It's still fun recording and you can never have too much experience.

I didn't like the vocal delivery, but the production sounded really tight and defined on my lousy laptop speakers, so I imagine that it would only sound even better on a better set of speakers. Good job.

Sounds really good. I like bigger guitars and a little less drums. The flanged guitars are so much bigger than the rest that it's a little weird when it drops out. Maybe another track of guitar back a little in the center keeping a consistent sound running underneath the whole time would make it a little less drastic.

It definitely sounds really good and that things above are just personal preferences.

A very good mix, Hangdawg. Drums sounds great, so do the vocals. I don't like the flangey guitar effect though and I think they should be brought up a bit. The band sounds very together, which is always very helpful.

Very good work!

Thanks for all the ears guys.

Just to let ya all know. These guys are all about the live show. They want their demo to be a really close representation of the way they play it live. So that's how I'm trying to capture it. I went out to one of their shows the week before. Hense, the flange parts and what not. I had a tough time convincing them to drop some of the problem things I knew would crud things up. But once they hear the result, they are opening up to more suggestions.

Spankenstein

I noticed this evening, how the guit drops out after the chorus. I definately doesn't sound natural. I'm going to have to do something there.

Just mult the guitar part and pan the two tracks hard with a little delay at 100% mix on one. I've used that trick often and it makes a bigger guitar and the flange part would still be prominent.

I wish I could get stuff as clear and distinct.

Back