My first mix

RawDepth

My first mix.

I have no gear yet except a multitrack program and a $99 pair of studio headphones. Of course, I plan to buy gear. In the mean time, someone gave me a CD full of wave files to practice on. He wanted to see what I could do with them. Each file was a single instrument track to a song which he had abandoned a few years ago. All I had to do was to import them into my software and line them up. But alas, they were badly clipped.

At first I thought my headphones were breaking up, but then a zoom in the edit window showed some severe square waves on every last file. Wow! My first audio job ever was to repair badly damaged tracks.

I worked on them diligently until I had them as clean as I could get them. I went on to mix the song and this is the result.

How did I do??? Or better yet, should I still pursue that career in audio engineering?

http://home.earthlink.net/~rawdepth/testmix.m3u

Thanks all

Sounded pretty decent actually, but then again I couldnt really compare it to what it sounded like before. But regardless, this sounds pretty impressive. In some parts the electric guitar sounds a little too upfront, but nothing to fret about. Still sounds good man.

Back