My first Jazz recording

wow..sounds great..professional

can you make me sound like that :)

i like jazz...but lately i have been liking it more and more...i wish i could play like that

That's a little too "adult contemporary" for my taste ( I dig more traditional jazz) but the recording sounds really smooth and clean.

Good job, chess!:)

Not really my style of music, but man the recording sounds absolutely great! It reminds me of '70's adult contemporary. I appreciate the musicianship, and the writing. Total pro recording. Great job!!

Thanks so much for the kind words, guys.

The style of music really isn't my bag, either, I must admit (kind of makes me think of riding an elevator or waiting in a dentist office). But I have to try and make it sound it's best regardless. Plus, getting the opportunity to work with skilled musicians can only make me look better, I suppose. Hey, it's gotta' work both ways. :D And it's less work (practically mixes itself).

Hey guy, remember me? We talked a lot when I was getting advice on my bottom feeder system. Anyway, great job. I love this kind of music.

Great sound and great job all the way around

Joe

Smokepole said:
Hey guy, remember me? We talked a lot when I was getting advice on my bottom feeder system.

You were the guy who was stuck in "preamp hell," weren't you? :D Those were some of my favorite posts; Bon Jovi and the Behringer compressors . . . the dmp3.

Speaking of which, that dmp3 was all over this particular track like flies on you-know-what. Had a keyboard d.i. through channel A, and a guitar DI in channel B (straight from the guy's digitech whatever). :D

So what did you eventually settle on, anyway?

hmm....

All i really want to say is that I'm really sorry that your first time recording some jazz is on some elevator music.:eek: (sorry :o i love jazz, but don't care for %90 of the vocal jazz i hear.) I don't want to go into the music or the group too much. Hard for me to critique this. To me though it sounds thin, sort of 2 dimentional. I definitly don't get the feeling that these people are playing in the same room- mostly that direct guitar puts me off in a bad way.

try a mix with the vocal a few db louder, possibly a reverb smattered over the mix, and get your fingers/mouse on those faders maybe- try to breathe some extra dynamic into the music.

James HE said:
To me though it sounds thin, sort of 2 dimentional. I definitly don't get the feeling that these people are playing in the same room.

Well, that's probably because it was pretty much all recorded direct. :D It is what it is. Think Love Boat (and/or any other bad 70's them music). Think Dentist office waiting rooms when you were a kid. LOL.

So what did you eventually settle on, anyway?

I got the DMP3 and also a FMR RNC. You guys were a big help!

Remember my description of the RNC? It came in a damn manila envelope. (Hee Hee)

Hey I don't want to step on your thread at all but I'd love for you to listen to my tune, "Midnight Lady".

www.nowhereradio.com/mytunes/singles
(I know, this is probably poor bulletin board etiquette, sorry)

Again , I dig that tune. I think the mood is perfectly captured for the song.

Joe

Smokepole said:
Hey I don't want to step on your thread at all but I'd love for you to listen to my tune, "Midnight Lady".

What the hell?

I got my feedback . . . :D

Very cool stuff! I'd like to hear your mp3 encoded at a higher resolution; you have it at 56 kb/second. Despite that fact, it sounds great. Santana meets CSN&Y! I really dig the guitar playing, percussion, and the harmonies.

Back