My first homerecording project- need some feedback

Jbela

Hey guys im from germany and looking for some feedback outside of my country.

This is my first homerecording project, we did this as 2, with some help from german music forum users.(in mastering process)
Also the video is self edited and recorded.

Feel free to ask questions about the recording, mixing etc. process. I will try so answer.

But now engough talking. I link u the Youtube link. If u want send me PM an i can give u the track as mp3.

YouTube

It's probably just me...........but every time someone posts a video here........I think they're just looking for clicks. I sure could be wrong........but a simple mp3 would do if you're looking for audio feedback or advice. I know.......it's me.

It's probably just me...........but every time someone posts a video here........I think they're just looking for clicks. I sure could be wrong........but a simple mp3 would do if you're looking for audio feedback or advice. I know.......it's me.

150 views. Clearly, that plan isn't working! :D
It's true tho. Videos are a lot harder to revise, so we know that any feedback on this mix probably won't be applied to this song.

Anyway. This is a super-loud mix.

The good:
The kick has a nice tone to it. Has enough click to cut through the mix without sacrificing all the body.
The marching tone on the bridge is pretty cool. Good stereo spread without being distracting about it.

The bad:
Vocalist is a little pitchy at times, especially on "you're here to pla-ay". You copy-pasted that line each time didn't you? He's consistently off on that line.

The neutral but notable:
The bass is pretty inaudible. It sounds like it's just playing the tonic tho? So it may not need to be louder.

...Vocalist is a little pitchy at times, especially on "you're here to pla-ay".

Yeah, that part bugged me. Not too bad otherwise. I agree the bass didn't have much definition. I probably would've preferred the lead guitar solos to be centered, and I wasn't crazy about the tone on the rhythms, but this was pretty good. Not sure why that line was sung that way, or how its pitchiness wasn't caught.

Back