My First completed Professional Project

Congratulations Rene".
I hear reflections of Gerry And The Pacemakers.
I would love to hear the vocals more up front or is it too late?

Yes, I mean on every track.
It has a bit of a 60's feel but could use some refining.
I'd bring the vocals right out front and let us hear what your singing.
Also, if you can add another to vary the flavour a bit.
Then give'r to CKUA. :D

Yes, I mean on every track.
I'd bring the vocals right out front and let us hear what your singing.
Also, if you can add another to vary the flavour a bit.
Then give'r to CKUA. :D

Haha...

For sure, I'll have you know It's not me singing, but a recording I did for someone else.. or maybe you knew that..

Your from around here? Lionel Rault, prominent DJ on CKUA is my uncle, cool huh?

I dunno about the refining... I really like how "loose" it is in both performance and production. It's really different in a good way. In an era where everything is refined to the point of annoyance, these songs are really refreshing.

Your from around here?
Naw!
I've played the Irish Club a number of times and was on Andy Donnelly's show a few years back.
CKUA has done very well since it was raised from the ashes.
A giant in the land of small stations.

I dunno about the refining... I really like how "loose" it is in both performance and production. It's really different in a good way. In an era where everything is refined to the point of annoyance, these songs are really refreshing.

Haha, thanks man, I guess your statement more or less encompasses my recording philosophy... On the other hand, I did a lot more to these recordings than I normally do, then again, this was my first "Pro" project. The project was cut at an extreme discount rate, I suppose that when engineers are actually getting paid they feel they need to squeeze the living snot out of every track in the project. Perhaps... Im usually pretty bare with my approach to recording, but for this project, I had a tight Gate on every percussion track, which were then wired to really heavy compressor/limiter. A day in the life of a normal engineer, perhaps, for me, definitely not. I had a lot of fun with the project though, a huge learning experience.

on Good bye in the chorus throw some hand claps with the double snare hits.or it bight be a bridge not sure. All your friends are gone part.

ON womb it would have been nice to have metal beads on the ride for that rivet sound.

Two Girls A baritone would have been cool...but good luck finding a player. Of course more clapping.

where are you now would have been cool to have a young Elvis back up singing aaaaaaaaahhhhss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJsQSb9RFo0 listen at 50 seconds..

Cool tunes,. really cool. over all mix just needs some sparkle.

ugh... do I *really* have to download a zip of 5 songs? Sorry... Try to make it as easy as possible for people to listen to your stuff. It helps to get more reviews in.

Meh, that's how I would wanna listen to something, on my itunes or whatever.

Yup.. No doubt. If I knew what I was downloading, or I had just purchased some music I wanted on my itunes or whatever, I wouldn't mind at all, either.

However, this happens to be a critiquing forum. I have no idea what I'm downloading, and I have no intention (or right, in some cases) to put it on my itunes or whatever.

Just some friendly advice. Take it or leave it.

Yup.. No doubt. If I knew what I was downloading, or I had just purchased some music I wanted on my itunes or whatever, I wouldn't mind at all, either.

However, this happens to be a critiquing forum. I have no idea what I'm downloading, and I have no intention (or right, in some cases) to put it on my itunes or whatever.

Just some friendly advice. Take it or leave it.

Yeah for sure, I'm not trying to be abrasive, hope i didn't seem so. Thanks for the advice... what would you host the files on?

what would you host the files on?

I'm kind of the exception, because I have my own web server in my basement, so I just use that. :cool:

I've seen a lot of people here use lightningmp3 and soundclick. Both work wonderfully.

As soon as you get your stuff up, I'll have a crack at it. :D

Back