Thread: My first attempt at slide...with a lap guitar.

Thanks

Talking My first attempt at slide...with a lap guitar.

Sign in to disable this ad
    Thi is just a ruff demo that I am looking at as being the intro song on my album when I go into a studio sometime in the future.

What do you think?

Its a late 50's Electro (Richenbacker) DI'd with an acoustic modeler and some reverb. The guitar was a throw-away track that I stubbled on I Ran it onto a cassette tape and then back into my Roland for "tape compression". A lotta good that did me....After I mastered it for volume my noise floor was like the empire state building.

If I do go to a studio I might try and get a real pedal steel, becasue I want a little more twang.

Intro song demo......its only a minute thirty or so.

Thanks
    I dig the verb. The slide seems too loud when compared to the other guitar part. Yes that was cool. Not a very popular instrument its nice to hear it. Those slides made old country what it it was.
    Unto dust thou shalt return

Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion of lowering the slide in the mix. I was going to have it lower when I mixed it but opted to not go with that for some strange reason. ...probably something to do with tierd ears after 5 good hours of trying to teach my hand to stop at the proper part of the fret

Thanks
    ...probably something to do with tierd ears after 5 good hours of trying to teach my hand to stop at the proper part of the fret

Ha Ha! Man can I relate!! I just plain suck at playing with a slide!

Haunting sound - cool vibe - and I don't think you'd get the same tone from a pedal steel, even through the modeler, but you never know. (At least I never know!)
    MC Gitarz

Thanks
    Ya...I am not really sure what I am going to do yet......but one thing is for sure, I have to get some knew pots for the lap guitar......I don't know if you guys could hear it, but there are a few pops in the song. I don't know how many perfectly good takes went out the window from overly loud, unusable pops......

Thread Information