My first attempt at slide...with a lap guitar.

Outlaws

Thi is just a ruff demo that I am looking at as being the intro song on my album when I go into a studio sometime in the future.

What do you think?

Its a late 50's Electro (Richenbacker) DI'd with an acoustic modeler and some reverb. The guitar was a throw-away track that I stubbled on :) I Ran it onto a cassette tape and then back into my Roland for "tape compression". A lotta good that did me....After I mastered it for volume my noise floor was like the empire state building.

If I do go to a studio I might try and get a real pedal steel, becasue I want a little more twang.

Intro song demo......its only a minute thirty or so.

I dig the verb. The slide seems too loud when compared to the other guitar part. Yes that was cool. Not a very popular instrument its nice to hear it. Those slides made old country what it it was.

Thanks for the suggestion of lowering the slide in the mix. I was going to have it lower when I mixed it but opted to not go with that for some strange reason. ...probably something to do with tierd ears after 5 good hours of trying to teach my hand to stop at the proper part of the fret;)

...probably something to do with tierd ears after 5 good hours of trying to teach my hand to stop at the proper part of the fret

Ha Ha! Man can I relate!! I just plain suck at playing with a slide!

Haunting sound - cool vibe - and I don't think you'd get the same tone from a pedal steel, even through the modeler, but you never know. (At least I never know!)

Ya...I am not really sure what I am going to do yet......but one thing is for sure, I have to get some knew pots for the lap guitar......I don't know if you guys could hear it, but there are a few pops in the song. I don't know how many perfectly good takes went out the window from overly loud, unusable pops......:D

Back