My epic prog tune LOL, mix opinions please! E Phrygian Dominant of course! :-)

I just bought the four disc set of Rick Wakeman's Journey to the Center... and I thought "I should do something synthey like that".

Is it an epic masterpiece? Pretentious montrosity? I dunno... But how does the mix sound?

Any opinions appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• Asynthomatic Mix 2 master.mp3
    10.4 MB · Views: 16
I have the original vinyl of Journey (from when it was first released), and within the past few years bought the DVD concert from when Wakeman toured with it.

I also used to love Emerson, Lake and Palmer and saw them in 77 along with bands like Yes. So, I knows me some prog rock.

The only prog rock band I hated (I saw them 4 times) was Rush. I have stories about them.

I enjoyed this song. It does not have the musicianship (the guitars are excellent) that prog rockers are known for (basically over-playing the hell out of each instrument on every song). But, just a really nice instrumental, especially if you enjoy guitar work. Which I do.

Long Live Real Musicianship!

I have the original vinyl of Journey (from when it was first released), and within the past few years bought the DVD concert from when Wakeman toured with it.

Thanks for the comment! Yeah, I worry about making the bass crazy complex and the drums etc., that it will just sound like a mess! :-)

I first got into Wakeman when my brother used to play the Quad 8-track of Journey in his car! I have many copies of the vinyl too. That set I mentioned had dvd-audio of the quad mix, so I finally got to hear it again!

Back