My Eagles cover

iFranky

Hi,

This is my cover of the Eagles' classic 'Peaceful Easy Feeling'.

I would be interested in your critique of it.

Thanks.

Hmmm, very tough to do a cover of such a good song. Your guitar playing isn't quite up to the task.

However, I think if you did your own song, and turned that acoustic lead thing stuck in my right ear down a little bit, you'd have something.

Thanks

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback. I'm aware that my guitar playing isn't very good at all, I dont' consider myself to be a guitarist - any other suggestions in terms of the sound?

- Frank

i agree with apl. I do have a lot of negative comments. Gtr player is rushing 1st verse chords..some buzzing there...I did not care for your vocal timbre.(Your voice sounds best when soft and not strained.)..can't please all the people all of the time...your lead playing is atrocious man...very good job though considering your lack of chops and knowledge. Do me a favor man...try playing the E Major Pentatonic scale here =(C#minor pent. (rock scale) ). Unfortunately for you...I play this song all the time with one of my bands..(a good 1st setter). My question is..why record THIS song and post it unless it is a recording lesson feedback you are looking for??.....speaking of...I thought that the mix and recording were pretty acceptable..engineers may suggest minor changes but you are definitely on the right track...no pun intended....ps..I thought the arrangement was good man...especially the extended solo section...it would be nice to play lead to that stretch of chords.

I appreciate the comments - like I said I'm not a guitarist. The reason I recorded this song is because its one I quite like to sing. I ordinarily sing in a bluesy-rock band and i'm afraid you wouldn't like us since I generally sing in the 'strained' register of my voice ;)

Perhaps I've misunderstood ... should I be posting somewhere else regarding the actualy quality of the recording?

Any how, here's a demo I recorded my band last summer if anyone's interested.

Thanks

- Frank

You've got the performance comments already, so I won't go there....... you know where the deficiencies are in that regard....

The bass is very murky and undefined -- kind of just a low, indistinct wash.... the guitars sound scooped and the rhythm part doesn't have much articulation... and while you've panned the guitars wide, there's no sense of imaging or depth at all...

Kind of hard to hear through the vocal performance, but again the vocal sounds scooped and you've got too much of an inappropriately-selected reverb in there.

Keep at it - the only way to develop your skills is to continuing practicing both your performance and recording abilities.

Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like it came out. I think you're a good guitar player and I think you have a good unique voice. What I was trying to say was that putting it in the Eagles' context sets such a high bar. When people listen to it, they naturally compare it to the original which had an awful lot of time and money put into it.

I think I would enjoy listening to something you did that was original.

Back