My Best Recording/mix Yet!

DAS19

New song I recorded for my friends band, Stone Pyro. I personally think it is the best recording I have ever produced but I think I will let you guys be the judge.

Comments and critique are encouraged and appreciated :) :rolleyes: :cool: .

Dave

Songs called Holocaust Poetry.

good song, catchy!

couple of things i noticed, the drums sound very muffled to me, fine in the lower spectrum i think, but the mid range and treble seem very limited.

the vocals seem panned left a tad, is that what you were going for? (it seems a tad strange through headphones to me).

the bass sounds good, maybe a tad muffled like the drums, but fine more or less.

the guitars have recorded well, they could do with being boosted a tiny bit in the mix though.

just my feeble opinions however

Thanks for the listen!

I will double check the vocal panning thing, my opinion is the drums sound fine but ill see what everyone else says thanks for your input.

Not a bad mix. I find the drums muffled or boxy, also. The vocal is panned left, too, it seems. Overall, sounds pretty good.

I panned both vocal tracks (2 different eqs) center soo that should fix the problem. I also changed the drums soo check em out tell me what you guys think. I kept it the same link.

Last edited:
sounds much better now.
the drums don't sound anywhere near as muffled now, perhaps just a little quiet in the mix, maybe just upping the volume a tiny bit on them would sort that.

the vocals are def in the centre now, and theres a chorus effect on them which wasn't there before, sounds good though, makes them stand out more.

but a definite improvement!

Nice song, sounds good so far. The only issue that stands out to me is the chorus on the vocals. The dude seems to have good voice so I think doing a double track of him would do more justice than the effect.

Did you retrack him for the double track or just duplicate the original. Did you use a delay on one of the tracks? Sounds more like a chorus effect than just filling out his voice.

There is a big difference between duplicating a track with a delay than rerecording a different take without a delay. I think the latter would sound much better in this song.

Hey Das19, this is a great recording of a great tune.

I'm not fussy about the doubled vocals though, as they have a phasey/hollow sound to them. Just my .02 . Found the vocals just a tad low - straining to understand the words most times. Could be the effect.

I do like the rest of the recording, drums, guitars, bass all great.

I'd keep this version, but maybe try playing around with the vocals with other effects as well.....

Overall a very impressive job....

Back