My Best mix so far and music too - Modern Rock

jerberson12

mucis procedure
Hi guys,

A brand new song from me, just upgraded my computer system from P4 to Duo. I had a lot of latency problem with my old one thats why even how timing i played the instruments, its still way off. I got duo, performace way better, latecy ZERO baby!

So i got motivated on writing a new song on my new system, take a listen and enjoy, feedbacks please

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=162318
Project1

jerberson12
My Guitar Eats potato

Last edited:
Very good mix...and good, modern rock tune. I love the vocal sound and the spaciness of the music behind them in the verses.

As a drummer, I'll nit-pick the drums a bit and say I find the snare way too choked (compressed) and maybe a little more kik, or a little more snap to the kick would help it cut through.

Other than that, this is a tweak or two from being really really good.

Nice sounding recording!

Only one somewhat negative issue - that soundclick player says different stuff about southern rock and southern this and that, and while that song is a cool tune with a linkin park kind of vibe, it is damn sure not southern rock or even in the ballpark....

Nice recording quality though, and even more so if it was in fact recorded live!

No, I think the "Southern Rock" thing you saw was another artist. It looks like the player always advertises another artist on the top. His tune says "Pop Rock".

The snare seems to to lack a little bit but its a very good mix. Almost perfect if you ask me!

Question though. I am running on a p3 and I am having trouble running large vsts like The Grand 2 and other large snyth vst instruments. The grand 2 crackles on playback unless it is in rewire and eco mode. Sometimes my computers click goes out of time if im recording alot of tracks, these problems can be very bothersome. I was wondering if you think getting a duo would solve a lot of these problems and help everything run a lto smoother. I also think I have a sound drop out problem realated to windows xp so if I got vista that could maybe solve that problem aswell.

DAS19 said:
The snare seems to to lack a little bit but its a very good mix. Almost perfect if you ask me!

Question though. I am running on a p3 and I am having trouble running large vsts like The Grand 2 and other large snyth vst instruments. The grand 2 crackles on playback unless it is in rewire and eco mode. Sometimes my computers click goes out of time if im recording alot of tracks, these problems can be very bothersome. I was wondering if you think getting a duo would solve a lot of these problems and help everything run a lto smoother. I also think I have a sound drop out problem realated to windows xp so if I got vista that could maybe solve that problem aswell.

In my own opinion, there's a big chance you'll get a better performance with Duo since Sonar rely mostly on the CPU. You can probably keep your sound card. I have the Delta 44 and DMA Buffer size was 256 in my P4 and Im getting about 5msec to 7 msec latency(Thought it's small, but no, too obvious on the mix). Now I got Duo with the same sound card, performance boosted up to about 70%, I reconfigured my buffer size to 64 and latency went down from ZERO to 1.4msec.
As far as the Soft synths go, awesome. When I start making music, I usually start off with blank project then run only one synth which is BAttery drum machine. I can see CPU usuage was 12% and now it's only 2%. So in short, I can garantee you a better performance in Duo. XP to Vista? nah!, not a big deal. Oh dont forget the memory, at least 1 Gig

RAMI said:
Very good mix...and good, modern rock tune. I love the vocal sound and the spaciness of the music behind them in the verses.

As a drummer, I'll nit-pick the drums a bit and say I find the snare way too choked (compressed) and maybe a little more kik, or a little more snap to the kick would help it cut through.

Other than that, this is a tweak or two from being really really good.
RAMI pretty much says here what I was thinking too. So I'll just quote him :D . Great writing and performance.......very radio friendly.....

:D :) :D :)

OK due to RAMZI's complain, I remixed the song. Kick was edited, Snare decompressed a little bit and Bass track cranked up sub ranged. I also convert it into a higher bit rate mp3, check again, thanks

My Space Link
http://www.myspace.com/artistjerberson
Song Title: WHY DOn't You

Soundclick Link:
same as above

Last edited:
Back