My attempt at 'Fields of Gold'

sixways said:
Dude that sounds really, really f-ing good!

What's your set-up?

Are you one of the last tenors??

1) What's your set-up?
$10 mic and Acosutica Mixcraft + Creative SoundBlaster

2) Are you one of the last tenors??
I"m a tenor allright :-D

Thanks for commenting :)

AaronGeorge said:
Sting's version I recorded:

Nicely done! Good balance for the most part; the final master sounds a little distant; I'm sure it was an effort to sound ethereal though, so totally understandable. VERY faithful rendition, impressive playing/sequencing...

Llarion said:
Nicely done! Good balance for the most part; the final master sounds a little distant; I'm sure it was an effort to sound ethereal though, so totally understandable. VERY faithful rendition, impressive playing/sequencing...

Thank You, sir :)

i'm drunk ...its beautiful and so is life ...oh did i mention i got my new pc 2day p4 3 ghz with hyperthreading, 1 Gb ram and 250 Gb HDD....oh baby ....

the song sounds amazing ...and its not just becoz i'm full of drink ....it sounds very like the original ...how did you recreate that sound?

lurgan liar said:
i'm drunk ...its beautiful and so is life ...oh did i mention i got my new pc 2day p4 3 ghz with hyperthreading, 1 Gb ram and 250 Gb HDD....oh baby ....

the song sounds amazing ...and its not just becoz i'm full of drink ....it sounds very like the original ...how did you recreate that sound?

Thank you for replying.

how did you recreate that sound?

When you do a cover song, I usually ask myself "Why would they want to listen your version when they can listen to the orginal?".....A friend of mine gave me the track and told me do the vocals...I did changed the vocal style from the orginal song to add some orginality while keeping the main melody.

You know a great song to get drunk to? 'Red' Red Wine' by Neil Diamond ;-)...and Yes, Life Is Beautiful...Good Movie too :)

garyrecords said:
What other songs have you covered. ?? Sounds great. I used mixcraft too and make a lot of covers.

Gary

Thanks. I also did one of Elvis' old piece...

I'm learning a classical piece called 'Ave Maria' for a wedding reception soon.

-Aaron

Back