my 3rd full song recorded.. ditched band (first time singing)

gbav

hey, this is my third effort in recording a full song...also everything else i posted (not that any of them were memorable lol) was with a band, and i finally decided after many awful attempts with the band to try everything myself and see what happens...im not really an "experienced" singer you know just in the shower or what not... so its a little more nerve racking to post this time around....

anyway heres the link

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1612&alid=-1
the songs called "In my eyes"

any criticism would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
later
gary

Hey gbav,

The first thing I noticed was how distracting the piano was. For me, it irritated my attention and took away from the song. I'd ditch it or put it down in the mix.

Your voice sounds cool for this tune. Maybe boost the supporting vox to give the vocals some more color.

On the crest of the build the vox are washed under. It sounds maybe like the mix could use a bigger stereo spred. Is that reverb on the drums? Is that too much reverb on the drums?

Powerful tune:cool:, could use some tweeking. Sorry I can't be more specific. I'm sure the heavies will help it along:)

Thanks for the listen.

Peace,
Theron.

I agree that the piano doesn't sound like it's in the same space with the rest of the tune. It seems to sit on top of the mix and not in it. Also the drums need to come way up to drive this tune (to add to the power that the song implies). I dig the vocal very much. I think all could be fixed with a remix. Good tune overall.

cool song man....nice dark and unsettling mood.. :)

my main problem with this tune is the drums.. When it kicks into the heavy part it is not as heavy as it wants to be IMOP... and I think it's because of the drums.. they sound too electric and it's a problem in the heavy parts.. It also sounds very compressed..

all that aside, I like the tune.. it could use a remix though.. the solo part around 4:00 is pretty harsh sounding too.. I would like to hear it sounding better and I could really get into this one..

good tune..

late
sam

Back