This is my ~30th Version. Have at it!

Wow, 8 months, no wonder I don't remember the original!

The instruments are well balanced in the mix, I'm just finding that the drums have almost disappeared in this mix. I know when you bring them forward that they'll f up the mix and you'll have to start again. I can hear the kick but there's no definition, and the snare needs a bunch of work to get it to sound proper for this song.

Maybe do what we all have to do, take a copy of your mix and delete all the effects (compression, eq, verb) and put all the faders up to unity (0). See how the mix sounds and work from there. Then you'll get your drums back and you'll have as much dynamics as the original recording had.

Give it a shot,
Timbo

Wow, 8 months, no wonder I don't remember the original!

The instruments are well balanced in the mix, I'm just finding that the drums have almost disappeared in this mix. I know when you bring them forward that they'll f up the mix and you'll have to start again. I can hear the kick but there's no definition, and the snare needs a bunch of work to get it to sound proper for this song.

Maybe do what we all have to do, take a copy of your mix and delete all the effects (compression, eq, verb) and put all the faders up to unity (0). See how the mix sounds and work from there. Then you'll get your drums back and you'll have as much dynamics as the original recording had.

Give it a shot,
Timbo

Thank you for your comments. That was also my feeling that the drums may be too lost now that the guitars have a different tone.
Actually i did start my mix from 0. Started to mix in kick with the bass. Then brought in the rest of the instruments.

Maybe trying to separate the frequencies for bass and kick and for snares would let me to bring them out more.

Also what do you think about the vocal? I cannot really make my mind up on whether it is too loud or not. Quite hard to decide on how loud it should be.

30 freaking versions....Well it sounds pretty darn tight. I really love the vocal treatment on this. Sounds done to me...

Back