My 1st attempt at doing rock

Killah_Trakz

Who Cares!
My 1st attempt at doing pop

Just finished tracking n doing a rough mix but its my 1st attempt at pop..... lol yall may laugh but I had fun doing this one.

Maschine
AAS GS-1
Motif
And i don't remember the rest.....

EDIT: i was told its alternative pop!

Last edited:

Just finished tracking n doing a rough mix but its my 1st attempt at rock..... lol yall may laugh but I had fun doing this one.

Maschine
AAS GS-1
Motif
And i don't remember the rest.....

It's a pretty clean recording. It's not rock.

My biggest gripe is that there's some really fucked up timing throughout the song. The drums may very well be right on a click or something, but your vocal phrasing or something is off to the point where it's pretty noticeable.

hmmm

Darn if not rock maybe new age polka lol. Nope no click track used. Everything played freely. Maybe its the chorus vocal. Theirs off tempo delay. And I have the back for siging of grid. It's my signature.

ROFL! @ "Rock". This ain't rock, dude. It's still rap with a real weird timing thing going on. The over the top auto-tune part makes it as far from rock as the rap verses.

I like the rapping mate, but the autotune effect is so overused in music now that it just detracts from anything now. How does it sound without?

Agree with Chris that the timing between vocal and drumming doesn't quite fit - I think it's mainly on the snare. Shouldn't think it would be too hard to fix. Got good potential I reckon.

I like the rapping mate, but the autotune effect is so overused in music now that it just detracts from anything now. How does it sound without?

Agree with Chris that the timing between vocal and drumming doesn't quite fit - I think it's mainly on the snare. Shouldn't think it would be too hard to fix. Got good potential I reckon.

Thanks..... No timing issues. Tempo at 78 though no quantize involved. I cant sing so it sounds horrible lol. The snare is not played on a 2/4 grid. its like a 2 n 3rd triplet. I don't lick always being on 4/4 always.

Labels schmabels man ;)

If it's not the timing issues on the beat, it's how the vocal timing fits the beat then and the snare's where it sounds a bit incongruous to me.

There are timing issues but I think I could live with them - that's the alt. pop part I guess.
It's not rock or rock based pop.
It is a rap but is fine as such.
The autotune kills it - seriously kills it & marks it as a piece of 2008 technology... not cutting edge just popular & overused technology.
I like the guitar. Try posting it without the autotune.

I think theres alot of potential in this for the Pop genre, but It needs a tighter production. Maybe there arent timing issues but this genre is very groove oriented IMO, and it doesnt live up to the rest of what you have. I really like alot of the ideas, the chords and melody are catchy and the rap sits well with the song. I think you'd greatly benefit by being open to a better groove. Enjoyed the listen!

Hey, I think the vocals on the verses are great and I personally like how they fit with the beat and whatnot during those sections, but on the chorus...not so much. The autotune there, while probably not out of place for whatever genre this winds up being, seems overdone to me, and I'd rather hear it with none at all, but maybe more layering of voices or something. I think there would need to be more variation in the instrumentation in the verses compared to the chorus too just to differentiate the two a little more for both contrast and emphasis.

Again, liking the vocals in the verses a lot - just some things I'd do to change the rest of it.

I didnt have an issue with any of it...the beat seemed right to me but then again Im mainly recording in triplets myself just now, so my brain is kinda getting used to its jerkiness...not sure it was necessary for this kinda track but it didnt sound bad

Vocals were great...yeah autotunes overdone but its also still out there, and it seemed right for this...rapping was good and although the instrumentation was a little simple it worked, could be a little tighter and polished and Id have liked a real acoustic as it was obviously software, but all in all a good job

I personally have gotten used to the autotune going on in pop radio. So I look for people who have creative ways of using it. TPain is a prime example of it (or Cher). It's here to stay for a while so I just resign to the fact. Now that we all know where ido sits on AT.....
The beat is off time. Everything else is really really good. This is pop but not alt or rock - it's rap pop or whatever they call it nowadays....

Back