"MX5" - Experimental synthwave and hip hop blend

It’s got a unique vibe for sure man. Really like this one. My issue with it is that it’s very bright and harsh ok the ears. You have a lot of 2k-8k going on and multiple instrument contributing to that frequency. High hat, synth. I’d tame that in the majority of instruments and it will be so much more pro sounding. What’s your master bus look like?

Nice 80s vibe! I wish there were less reverb on every element of the mix though (but that's just my personal preference). Overall, I really enjoyed listening to this!

Not sure why you think this this piece does not fit this forum. IMO...it does in every way. I really liked your work. It's so well performed.....mixed and mastered. It does seem a little like a throwback sound.....but at the same time it's a great blend of rock....hip hop...and others.

I have no nit picks with it at all. Nice job!

It’s got a unique vibe for sure man. Really like this one. My issue with it is that it’s very bright and harsh ok the ears. You have a lot of 2k-8k going on and multiple instrument contributing to that frequency. High hat, synth. I’d tame that in the majority of instruments and it will be so much more pro sounding. What’s your master bus look like?

TSOTS, thanks for the listen. Yes the highs are indeed emphasized. On the master bus I'm using a little excitation to brighten the "air" of the mix's high end. I thought it sounded good - but perhaps it's indeed much. Does anyone else think the high end is too much?

Back