Mwendo ya Zuri -

I like the drum sounds, and the wavy liquidy guitar in the beginning. They vocals are good, but around 2:10 they start to sound a little too loungey. I think that's what you were going for though.

I think think they only thing that bothers me is that the song feels like it drags on a little bit, and maybe could have been a little shorter.

This is a sweet song. I wouldn't know how to catagorize it. It reminds me of U2, Radiohead, Elvis, Cherry Poppin' Daddies and some blues acts. It feels like an alternative take on swing/blues. But 60'ish. Does this make any sense?

It's a great song, Q :)
Overall, the music sounds "fit" the song fine. Vocals arrangement is good. I'm abit confused about their placement in the mix. But the more I listen to it, I found that most vocal parts lack of expression. lol!. I mean, I'm expecting more screaming here and there. Squeze the balls while singing, can you? Make me sweating! :D Then you'll have idea where to put them on the mix.

Beside what Deann mentioned, you can listen to Queen's older albums, and maybe Grandfunk. IMHO... :) Keep up the good work, pal...

;)
Jaymz

I downloaded this awhile back and don't know what to say besides I like it.I've listened to it several times and it is definitly unique.Kind of reminds me of mid sixties hippy music.

COOL

I downloaded this awhile back and don't know what to say besides I like it.I've listened to it several times and it is definitely unique.Kind of reminds me of mid sixties hippy music.

COOL

Bumped back up to the top.. I was meaning to respond to this post last week, however hadn't sat in front of my PC long enough to have a listen to it.

Q, When I listen to it Neil Finn comes to mind for some reason?? his One album. There are a few chords in there that also reminds me of Jeff Waynes 'War of the Worlds'.

You've got a tight sound here with the exception of the Backing Vocals. I don't know if you were using them to loosen it up, wether that was on purpose or not, they seemed to distract me a little from the main vocal line.

4:50 - 5:10 is there any clipping in the vocal.. sounds like a little digital clipping.

Other than that I like.. this song will be on the regular play list of mine ;-)

Porter

BTW, what is the translation? Mwendo ya Zuri, it's Swahili?

Last edited:
Back