Thread: Mwendo ya Zuri -

Thanks

Mwendo ya Zuri -

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello peoples.

Please have a listen to this song -

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=1746&alid=-1

Mwendo ya Zuri

This is a working mix and I would appreciate your comments on the song, arrangement and mix.

I also like to know what genre you would categorise this as and any reference CD's you could point to from a mixing perspective.

Thanks a lot!

Q.
    <insert something witty here>

Thanks
    I like the drum sounds, and the wavy liquidy guitar in the beginning. They vocals are good, but around 2:10 they start to sound a little too loungey. I think that's what you were going for though.

I think think they only thing that bothers me is that the song feels like it drags on a little bit, and maybe could have been a little shorter.

This is a sweet song. I wouldn't know how to catagorize it. It reminds me of U2, Radiohead, Elvis, Cherry Poppin' Daddies and some blues acts. It feels like an alternative take on swing/blues. But 60'ish. Does this make any sense?

Coffee shop around DC-Maryland-Virginia...
    Thanks

Thumbs up

It's a great song, Q
    Overall, the music sounds "fit" the song fine. Vocals arrangement is good. I'm abit confused about their placement in the mix. But the more I listen to it, I found that most vocal parts lack of expression. lol!. I mean, I'm expecting more screaming here and there. Squeze the balls while singing, can you? Make me sweating! Then you'll have idea where to put them on the mix.

Beside what Deann mentioned, you can listen to Queen's older albums, and maybe Grandfunk. IMHO... Keep up the good work, pal...

Jaymz
    Keep Rockin' and Rollin'...

Chicago area, probably looking for more coffee.
    Thanks
    Cool... Groovy... Clear... Clean...

I just don't have much else to say...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Thanks

Thumbs up

I downloaded this awhile back and don't know what to say besides I like it.I've listened to it several times and it is definitly unique.Kind of reminds me of mid sixties hippy music.

COOL

Thanks

Thumbs up

I downloaded this awhile back and don't know what to say besides I like it.I've listened to it several times and it is definitely unique.Kind of reminds me of mid sixties hippy music.

COOL

Thanks
    Bumped back up to the top.. I was meaning to respond to this post last week, however hadn't sat in front of my PC long enough to have a listen to it.

Q, When I listen to it Neil Finn comes to mind for some reason?? his One album. There are a few chords in there that also reminds me of Jeff Waynes 'War of the Worlds'.

You've got a tight sound here with the exception of the Backing Vocals. I don't know if you were using them to loosen it up, wether that was on purpose or not, they seemed to distract me a little from the main vocal line.

4:50 - 5:10 is there any clipping in the vocal.. sounds like a little digital clipping.

Other than that I like.. this song will be on the regular play list of mine ;-)

Porter

BTW, what is the translation? Mwendo ya Zuri, it's Swahili?
    Last edited by Porter; 03-15-2004 at 05:35.

Thread Information