Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MP3 Clinic website?

danny.guitar Guest

MP3 Clinic website?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Anyone think it'd be a cool idea to have a website for the MP3 clinic?

A site to register, upload songs, receive feedback/ratings, streaming, higher quality (192 KBPS) MP3s, etc.?

There's already www.lightningmp3.com but I was thinking it'd be cool to have another option out there, since SoundClick and MySpace make you upload crappy MP3s...maybe it will save NL5 on some bandwidth costs.

Just wanting some other people's opinions on this...it could be done within this week.

Thanks
    that'd be cool and lightningmp3 is blocked on my work network! So I'd be especially happy!

MY DAW based band scatterred around the world.
    http://www.forenemiesofreason.com

danny.guitar Guest
    Thanks aiden, if you or anyone else has some ideas for features not found on other sites, let me know.

Thanks
    tbh i think its another forum to join and another password to remember. as it is the mp3 clinics realtively quiet with comments but its good enough, and lightning mp3 is handy and i think the mp3 drop is a good test of a mix

danny.guitar Guest
    Here's a quick screenshot of the simple layout for anyone that may be interested. Nothing is functional yet of course as I just started on it.

I'm aiming for it to just be a simple site to upload and post links to streaming or download. Registration will be quick, just email/password, no need to activate the account (that is a pain in the ass).

Thanks
    I don't quite get the benefit of this idea. We're IN an MP3 clinic.

danny.guitar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_L View Post
    I don't quite get the benefit of this idea. We're IN an MP3 clinic.
    Can you upload songs here?

The point is a place to upload songs, like SoundClick. Except there isn't a restriction on MP3 quality.

I've had a few people ask me to make this in the past but I never got around to it.

Thanks
    Could be a good idea if it takes off and folk go to it.
    Where are you going to advertise the site?

Eck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.guitar View Post
    Can you upload songs here?

The point is a place to upload songs, like SoundClick. Except there isn't a restriction on MP3 quality.

I've had a few people ask me to make this in the past but I never got around to it.
    I'm not shitting on your idea, I'm just saying that if there are already sites that allow you upload songs and have them ranked - like that even matters - how hard is it to pop the link in here? How many people do you think have the ears or audio/room capability to pick out the difference between 128 and 320?

I'll join your site and appreciate you making it, but it just seems like a lot of unnecessary work.

danny.guitar Guest
    Nah it's something I've wanted to make anyway.

It won't have ranking like SoundClick, it's just simply a place to upload your songs to, so you can post links to streaming or download so other people can listen. And there won't be quality restraints on MP3s (a lot of people can hear the difference between 128 and 192, much less 320 )

I actually hate using SoundClick for that very reason.

So anyway, I'll post a link when it's done and if you're not interested, it won't hurt my feelings, but it will be there for those who will find it useful.

Thread Information