mountain music

dtb

me and mississippi were screwing around yesterday, and I got a little clip of a traditional bluegrass/mountain tune we've been working on. Slow start and fade ending cause we fucked up, but we had fun.

"angeline the baker"

http://www.nowhereradio.com/dtb/singles

enjoy, and thanks.

dtb

Cool stuff. Nice to hear the variety. Man, do you sleep with that guitar in your hands or what?

twist

yeah. I liked it. recording was clean with a lot of air in it. Sounds very natural. By the way, I think you are having maybe too much fun! (Can I come over and jam?):D

Ding Dang DTB!!

Your mp3's always have so much life, fun and frienship to them. Reguardless of the recording quality (which is solid and getting better) or purpose, I always dig your tunes.

Solid folks attract solid friends and your friends all sound damn solid.:) :D

Thanks for the peek at your jams.........

Theron.

Why can't I spell??????????!!!!!!!!!?????????:o :o :o :rolleyes: :confused:

Excellent recording and playing.Being from the south I cant help but be a bluegrass fan even though I was raised on rock n roll.

Good job.

First off, you're all invited any Wed. night, or anytime for that matter. We have the greatest time getting wasted and picking.

Smoke, thanks.

twist, no, I don't sleep with it, but I have been known to get up in the middle of the night to make sure it's still there. he he hehe
thanks.

Jag, naw, but I went to school in Kentucky for a couple years. Thanks my friend.

Earl, it is so refreshing to hear another bluegrasser posting here. I love listening to all the types, styles, of music in the clinic, but b.g. is my fav. The bass is not a bass. It's a little rythum machine with bass sounds. It has a handful of acoustic bass sounds. You just tape the buttons. I just use it when the bass dude is m.i.a.

crawdad, like I said, anytime. And fun, yeah, too much fun. Thanks.

theron, thanks dude. It's a hoot to be able to listen to our tunz. I still remember the times when I used a boombox recorder. The ability to record my/our music with a decent recorder, and play it back thru a decent sound system, has improved my own skills as a musician. It's the greatest hobby. Except for golf. he he he hehe

pw., thanks friend. For the listen.

Kramer, I think it's the acoustic sound that really draws me to bluegrass. When you hear someone like Tony Rice get that tone and sound from a piece of wood, it just makes my hair stand up.

Thanks guys. Glad ya'll enjoyed it.

dtb

the jug must be full to explain for its absense....but I am sure you'll fix that! oh wait....you got a real uptown bass... alright... how many mules did you have to steal for that?:eek:

Hey Dan,
Very cool licks on that there fiddle...

all sounded good to me....
Real down home kinda BG....very cool...
Dance music...for me anyways...

I always like listeing to your tunage man...

I aint' commenting on the mix becaus the Flu has kicked me in the ass and in my ears....

Take it easy man,
Joe

Hey D,
......very nice tunage ......I missed your whiskey vocs in this, but i guess everybodys gotta take a break once in a while.:) Nice fiddlin man........... yee haw for Hee Haw:)

g

Real warm sounding mix. Everything was played very well. I enjoyed it. Given my musical tastes, I've always found it odd that I like Bluegrass. But I do.

Unfortunately I can't offer any thoughts on how to make this better.

damn, mix, I always have to explain the bass. It's just a zoom rythum track123 machine that has some cool upright acoustic bass sounds. thanks.

joe, thanks, just mountain music. Good clogging juice.

fingers, mississippi=watson mcdowell, original member of the Spencer Hill band. Born and raised right here, just a few miles from my home. Amature fiddler, that loves to play with amature guitarist. he he he he

G. thanks, no vox in this tune. Fiddle boy got to get his licks sometimes.

3M, thanks, for the listen.

"mississippi" Watt Mcdowell, is one of my very best buds. He's the fiddle on this tune, and any other fiddle you hear on my tunz. He doesn't have the time or ability to put up tunz, so I do it for both of us. I finally got him to join the BBS, but he's very shy. Prick bastard. Now if I could just get him to put the phones on, I know I could convert him to a home recordist. he he he he he

Thanks for the listen folks, and I'll surely let Watt know what you peeps think.

that is so good. Its pure. I wish I was in driving distance, i`d be hanging around listening to yall regularly. Yall could do one hell of a radio show too. Really nice tune.

Back