Mountain Of Hope

Cool tune. Has a nice relaxed feel. A lot of people could like this.

The first thing I noticed was there is no space before the music starts. Should be 1-3 seconds there.

The phaser thing on the voice is an interesting choice. Maybe tone it back some? I feel like it's out of place in this genre.

The main rhythm guitar on the left side sounds a little muddy.

Are you using automation in this mix? I think there are a few times where you could dip the instruments 2-3 DBs in favor of the vocals - for example at 3:00.

The end fade out of a little too abrupt. A more gradual fade would be more natural I think.

Hope this helps!

The breaths and lip smacks between vocal phrases are killing me. Please edit those out!

A little more variety in the drums would help a lot. As it stands, they give it a midi/karaoke track kind of vibe.

Guitar tones are pretty fine tho. And everything's pretty balanced volume-wise

I enjoyed your track! The phaser on the vocals sounds a little aggressive at the beginning, maybe try bringing that in more gradually. And as far as the drums go, solid groove, maybe think of switching to a ride during the guitar solo to change it up and add momentum. Those are the only two suggestions I can think of! Hope it helps some--great job :)

Good improvements on the 2nd mix. I suggest just removing whatever effect you have on the vocal and go with a short slapback delay and/or reverb.

As others mentioned, the drums need work. I know you said you would like a real drummer to play the part, but until then, some good midi editing will help the track out immensely. Think like a drummer.

Back